PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question 4 your ladies-would you have therapy for GD?

wildlauren
February 5th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hi all,
Just wondering really whether anyone on here would go and actively seek help or get therapy for dealing with gender disappointment?
I'm a hypnotherapist and I think I have the tools to help people get through this as I have great success helping people through trauma, grief, difficult births, loses etc. Anyway I had GD with my son briefly but I knew I'd have another chance at having my DD and I wouldn't be without him now obviously. It just didn't even occur to me at the time to get help and admittedly mine wasn't too bad but I can imagine it'd be worse when it's my last try. I now would do some self hypnotherapy or get a colleague of mine to help me through it.
Anyway I'm always looking for new ways that I can use my therapy to help people and I have found that other than this site, there isn't anyone out there who will help people through gender disappointment/desire etc and I just wondered if this is enough?
Would you ladies out there ever go to therapy to talk this through or is the support online enough to help you through?
I don't want to devalue this wonderful site but sometimes there is more that can be achieved in a therapy situation 1:1 than online.
Would it be worth me researching ways to help and put together a therapy programme and make this available to UK clients (or obviously via skype and paypal for overseas clients)? I'm not looking to make money from it but I would have to charge as that's how my rent gets paid as with any therapist.
Just posing this as a possible future time investment and wondered what you would feel about it? I know that finding other people out there who feel like I did helped me through it but I've also seen clients who have felt the negative effects of GD-the grown up children of those parents who didn't find support or help-some of the stories are heartbreaking. For every one of us who comes to term with the gender of their children, there are those people out there who seem to never get over it and it has a tremendouly awful effect on some children's development-social and emotional.
Ok ramble over-let me know what you think peeps
Much love xxx

Claire33
February 5th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I don't need therapy for my GD, I'm doing just fine on my own. I just needed time to adjust and embrace my one-gender family. But I'm sure there are people who need therapy, especially if they have extreme GD. But I'm not sure if you would get enough clients in order to keep your business going....

wildlauren
February 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM
You're right, it wouldn't create a whole new business but I already run a hypnotherapy business that helps mostly women with any psychological issues surrounding fertility, pregnancy, childbirth and post natal depression.just wondered if it would be worth creating a page for people with GD on my website and dedicating some time to create a therapy programme for them. Just a thought :) thanks for the input xx

Mathilde
February 6th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I would love to get over this, but don't live in uk sadly. Good idea!