PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break

honeybee37
May 8th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Just coming on here to say I am taking a break from swaying... My LP has got even shorter this month (4 days), having been 12 at the start of my sway. I don't know what to do because I can't get femara and my dH is really annoyed at what I've 'done to myself', so I think we are taking a break from swaying and from ttc in general... I really hope to be back here one day and I want to thank everyone who's given me advice and support on this journey over the past 7 months! Thank you!
Honeybee xxx

maidentomother
May 8th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Hugs hun! I've taken several breaks, so I totally understand. Had some crazy long cycles and crazy short LPs too.

honeybee37
May 8th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks maiden. Just had one last thought about my crazy LP. Over the winter (when my LP was normal), I was taking a high dose of vitamin c. I stopped pretty suddenly when I started the sway as I discovered it's not good for ttc girl... Could the vitamin c have been keeping my progesterone levels in check or am I grasping at straws?!

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I"m so sorry, I wish I could be more help.

We don't know how most of this works anyway, I do sometimes have people add in 500 mg Vit. C daily so go ahead and give it a try (no more than that tho) and then if it helps please let me know!!

honeybee37
May 8th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Atomic (and maiden), you are SO much help! I just feel like I can't handle the monthly disappointment when my period comes earlier and earlier (5dpo this month); I need to get that sorted before I can properly ttc or I will actually crack up! I'm going to add in vit c, swap cardio to daily walking for an hour and eat 3x a day instead of twice and see what happens (without attempting) this month. I will update you in around a month's time :) xx

maidentomother
May 9th, 2016, 10:54 AM
VitC can't hurt, I don't think it sways blue.

GlitterMouse
May 10th, 2016, 07:28 AM
I just wanted to wish you well honeybee. You have given me some advice and support on here over the past months and I'm sad you've decided to have a break, although completely understand of course hun. I hope your cycles sort themselves out a bit and you find a way through this, especially after all the effort and hard work you've put in.

My luteal phase is also a mess (although always has been!!) I'm sure I will be in your shoes when we TTC next month. I hope we can both overcome this and manage to achieve the bfp (pink!) we both want!

Sending big hugs xxx

Faithinpink
May 10th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Take care honeybee X Hope to see u back soon .
All the best hun

atomic sagebrush
May 10th, 2016, 06:35 PM
VitC can't hurt, I don't think it sways blue.

Vit C is more of a theoretical concern and NOT because I"ve seen scads of people getting boys on it (altho I did LOL) Now Vit D and B6, THOSE I have seen people getting boys on, but C is a theoretical one.

honeybee37
June 11th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Well I took a load of vit c last month..: like 600-800mg a day. I don't know if it's a coincidence but I did manage to get pregnant... But unfortunately had a chemical at around 4w. So instead of a 4-5 day LP, it ended up being 14. So I don't know if this counts as a lengthened LP or a pregnancy that couldn't be supported because of low prog..:

Erin514
June 11th, 2016, 09:07 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a way to sort out your short LP and get your sticky bean. :(

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Well I took a load of vit c last month..: like 600-800mg a day. I don't know if it's a coincidence but I did manage to get pregnant... But unfortunately had a chemical at around 4w. So instead of a 4-5 day LP, it ended up being 14. So I don't know if this counts as a lengthened LP or a pregnancy that couldn't be supported because of low prog..:

Please don't take any more than 500. Higher doses of Vit. C have been used as a way to induce miscarriage (and I am not saying this is what happened to you at all just stressing that it is not safe to take more than 500 mg.)

You had to have had a longer LP this month. I don't know how long it was but a 4 day LP could not have ended in conception.

The vast majority of chemicals have NOTHING to do with low progesterone. In a healthy ovulation, the hole the egg comes out of, becomes the corpus luteum and its job is to make tons of progesterone very quickly. A healthy fertilized egg implanting at about 7 DPO will then send a signal to your body to continue making progesterone. If the pregnancy isn't developing normally, that signal is not received and you get AF.

This is complicated situation because I think you had cut back too far on diet, honeybee, and did not have enough raw materials to make enough prog for a few months there. Hence your very short LP. But we fixed that by increasing cals and fat intake and I think your body is working to correct the problem. We will never know how long your LP would have been otherwise but what I DO know is that in order for you to have gotten a positive pregnancy test, the bean had to have had time to implant and your body to start making HCG that you then detected.

I know it's little consolation but I believe this was most likely just a straight chemical and not low progesterone-related.

Keep eating more fat and cals. and reduce Vit. C to no more than 500 mg.

honeybee37
June 13th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Thanks atomic. I am on CD10 now and randomly got a peak on clearblue OPK. It is strange because I had been ovulating on around CD20. I think the chemical has made me O early but I just can't decide what to do as I have been so bad on the diet this month (we have been on holiday and I haven't been doing the cardio until last week) so really can't decide what to do! On the one hand, I want to take advantage of the early ovulation and potential post-chemical girl swaying, but on the other I just feel mad with myself that this month has been a write-off diet-wise!! Would a chemical sway pink enough to counteract this do you think? (I know you can't really answer that!! I just wondered how strong a sway factor it might be). Thanks x

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2016, 09:42 AM
You also may be ovulating early because you are not starving any more and your body is ready to make a baby.

you have been at this for SO long. I personally would be sorely tempted to TTC. I doubt your diet was as bad as all that!!

I doubt chemicals sway by much. Maybe a little.

Above all else you need to do what you can live with. If you tTC this month and get an opposite will you live 1000 lifetimes of regret? Then skip it, but keep in mind that you very well may be skipping a month you'd have gotten a girl (not the chemical, necessarily, just because) and end up TTC in a worse month anyway. :) I know it's hard to know what to do but there is a very large element of faith and luck in all this that we have to acknowledge...the more we try to wait and control hoping for some perfect month, it never happens anyway.

Faithinpink
June 16th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Ahh honeybee I'm so sorry xo
P.s its good to see you back xxxxx