Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Just wanted to clarify, as I'm sure you know through all of the research you've been doing- aCGH and Natera are different sciences. Natera uses DNA from both parents to cross-reference. The DNA samples have to be grown out in a certain manner which is why GSN takes longer for the turn around- but also why many feel it is a "better" choice because of the parental DNA cross-check.

But like Jils said, you can request Day 5 GSN, it just requires doing a frozen embryo transfer due to the turnaround time. Dr. Potter has great results with this as well. It is what I requested and I am now pregnant with a day 5 GSN tested embryo (transferred via FET).

However, you seem more comfortable with Day 5 aCGH so go with what you're most comfortable with.

Good luck with your search.
    Last edited by HopingForPigtails; September 8th, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So day 3 GSN is it a 72% chance of getting pregnant & what is the chance of getting pregnant using Day 5 Acgh FET?
    I don't know if I can fly down to Cali & it is just a lot for me and my husband. If Dr. Potter was here or had an office this decision would be very easy for me & probably for all of us. I think the biggest part about California is that I need to be down there for 12 days, and if it doesn't work the following cycle for 5 days & etc. California, is a 6 hour flight. I have a child, what am I supposed to do with him while I am in pain. I would love to use Dr. Potter and my decision would be easy. Who uses GSN in NYC? Why is it that NYU said he would use GSN, but told me that Acgh was better & this was on Sept 4, 2014. Someone on the board said that you can lose good embryo's with day 3 GSN vrs day 5. So, if that is true & you can with GSN, I think acgh would be better. Also, key point- GSN the difference is it can pick up single gene hereditary conditions where Acgh can not. Besides, me having Tay Sachs & my husband doesn't have it, I don't have any single gene hereditary conditions so I wouldn't need GSN. What else can GSN bring up that is different than Acgh besides single gene hereditary cells?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read someone heart drenching story last night. She and her husband were over 40. They did 3 IVF cycle, and did Acgh & did day 6 transfer all blastocysts, and none of the embryo's took. That really scares me. I am paying out of pocket. Is there a chance that blastocysts can't last until day 6 and they can arrest and that is why New york is so against it? Or, is this not true. I am doing IVF only one time because I can't afford it more than one time. Is my best bet, doing all frozen cycles for PGD for gener for a girl, or is my best bet doing one fresh & rest frozen? And, is my best bet doing GSN on day 3 and fresh on Day 5, ( but i would use good embryos and i need as many as i can get I am looking for female), or do I do ACgh on day 5, & possible day 6 transfer or do all Day 5 and freeze & do FET? I need help with answer please!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old are you?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know any place in NYC that offers GSN. Do you?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nutthinbutpink- What is the exact difference that GSN can pick up when you say parental genes I don't understand? Whats the exact difference? And, do you live in NY? And, I am 35

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, you guys all did ISCI with GSN?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is best to use ICSI when doing genetic testing. There is always extra material floating around. We're talking DNA here!

At 35, depending on your pretesting you'll be doing awesome if you have 2 of the right gender come transfer day.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GT77 View Post
    I read someone heart drenching story last night. She and her husband were over 40. They did 3 IVF cycle, and did Acgh & did day 6 transfer all blastocysts, and none of the embryo's took. That really scares me. I am paying out of pocket. Is there a chance that blastocysts can't last until day 6 and they can arrest and that is why New york is so against it? Or, is this not true. I am doing IVF only one time because I can't afford it more than one time. Is my best bet, doing all frozen cycles for PGD for gener for a girl, or is my best bet doing one fresh & rest frozen? And, is my best bet doing GSN on day 3 and fresh on Day 5, ( but i would use good embryos and i need as many as i can get I am looking for female), or do I do ACgh on day 5, & possible day 6 transfer or do all Day 5 and freeze & do FET? I need help with answer please!
    I would say that is a typical outcome when over 40 unfortunately.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Multiple types of translocations may occur, but balanced translocations are present in one or both partners in roughly 5% of couples who experience recurrent miscarriages. A person with a balanced translocation will have all the necessary genetic material for normal life and will usually have no symptoms from the translocation. However, that person will have a 50% chance of producing offspring with an unbalanced translocation. Pregnancies involving an unbalanced translocation have greater odds of miscarriage due to missing or extra genetic material in the developing baby.

Natera-
    Translocation Testing
    If you or your partner carry a balanced chromosome rearrangement, known as translocation, you may have experienced miscarriage or infertility.* Translocation testing identifies embryos with normal or balanced chromosomes prior to IVF transfer.

aCGH-

Q. With regard to array CGH, I do not understand why balanced rearrangements could not be detected. Why can’t they make a probe for an inversion of a few genes or an insertion of a gene? I guess I do not see how these would be any different from making a probe for a deletion or duplication. I am sure I am missing something though.

A. Array-based CGH is a DNA based test that, in a much-simplified nutshell, looks at the quantity of DNA in a patient vs the quantity of DNA in a specimen derived from a pool of normal controls. Thousands of different probes from loci spanning the genome are present on a chip. If there is LESS DNA in the patient than the control for a particular probe, the a-CGH will show a DELETION of material from the patient for that particular locus; if there is MORE DNA in the patient than the control for a particular probe, the a-CGH will show a GAIN of material from the patient for that locus. In a balanced translocation, there is NO gain or loss of material, so the probes will show that the patient and the control have equal amounts of DNA in those translocated regions.

The way aCGH works is they look at the cell DNA compared to a template panel. It looks at the amount present not what makes up each one.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast