Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GT77 View Post
    Dr. Potter, what do you mean by this with Natera - When we do the re-testing of select embryos it does involve a second biopsy. How does it not involve a second biopsy?

I spoke to natera on the phone. She explained to me that the actual embryo is left at Sirm and cells are sent in different tubes labeled to natera overnight. Are u saying, that the embryos that look abnormal but then look normal, I thought that the second biopsy meant they had to take " MOre additional cells out of the day 5 embryo and re-test them". Are you saying that Natera does not have to be sent new cells, because I was pretty sure that is what Natera had said to me on the phone about retesting and they told me it would take up to a week to get back to me. If you can explain what u said since I am once again getting confused. Oh so with RMA, they only do biopsy on hatching blasts, and EVEryone on this site is way against that and said I will end up losing some normal embryos. So, I am pretty sure RMA is off my list & they are so expensive anyway!!
    If they are re-testing on day 5, a second sample is taken and tested. I would stick with Natera Day 3 at present.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GT77 View Post
    I don't think I know where the main board is, where is that? I would like some help.
    I just got off the phone with RMA, and told me to stay clear of Natera. And, he said he would only do reprogentics day 5 FET or PCR day 6 fresh.

And, sirm will only do Natera day 3, and transfer day 5 fresh. Yes, I really need some answers here.
    Because, I really want to have a baby girl, I want to do PGD, I want to get the show on the road, and I want it to work.
    Looking back on one of the girls who did get pregnant at RMA, she had 3 embryos after a blastocysts. Hopingforpigtails, you also only had three embryos. Is this considered the norm? That really really scares me!! What if I end up with just 1 female!! What is my right way to go?
    The only positive about Sirm, is they offer a 2 cycle plan. So, I would have a backup plan!! And, RMA is more expensive with just one. U know, If i told Sirm, I only want Natera, and I want a day 5, I am sure they would offer it to me! The confusing part of this all, is the percentage rates for Sirm is 32% and RMA is 41%. And, I just want it to work here! So confused!!
    As you can see there are many different recipes for IVF-PGD. Each of the centers hopefully uses the recipe that works best for their unique situation.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, sounds good Dr. Potter! As you know it, none of NYC places compare to you! We would love for you to open up a clinic in New York, and offer your prices down here! LOL And, we would love to have a doctor like you on our side!! I thank you for all your answers, your quick responses, and your advice!! It is all greatly appreciated!! Thank you for helping me make my decision!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what Dr. Tortoriello just wrote to me!

I believe the best way to do this is day 3 biopsy and day 5 transfer for the simple fact that you can do a fresh transfer and rebiopsy if need be.
    For me this works well.
    I stick with what works for me.
    When data come out that conclusively show that another approach is better, I will change...but in my experience there is no need to do day 5 biopsy.
    You are overthinking this way too much at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12