Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are the best insurance carriers to have if you hope to have some of IVF costs covered?

Or are there no carriers who will cover services with no diagnosis of infertility?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on each specific plan, but from my experience, Blue Cross Blue Shield is better than Aetna or Oxford because you do not have to jump through hoops to get coverage. For aetna and oxford, they will only give ivf coverage if you have done 4 iuis which is not good for gender selection purposes.
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you . We have BCBS right now but it is open season so I could change. How do I go about researching plans? Do I need to call?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Call HRC and speak with finance!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would they talk to me if I am not a client?

Does HRC refer to both the Laguna and Newport branches?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr Potter is in Newport now I think but it will totally depend on YOUR plan as to what is covered. So, you would have to have the plan specific information in order for them to check. BCBS coverage can and does vary from one employer to another. Benefits vary. They can check your current provider for coverage easily with your information. You can also call your insurance carrier and ask them if you would be covered going there.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes call insurance coverage and HRC! They checked my insurance (and so did SIRM) prior to me being a patient. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions on where to look!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you both! I will do that once I get up the nerve . I'm such a chicken haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by serafina View Post
    Or are there no carriers who will cover services with no diagnosis of infertility?
    All carriers offer IVF coverage! It depends on whether your employer purchases the rider that covers IVF. In mandated states, they are required to do so. In non-madated states like California, the employer is not required to do so and therefore very few of them do. It is interesting to note that companies based in mandated states (i.e Fidelity) cover IVF even for employees working in non-mandated states. It would be interesting to hear which employers are available in this roll across the country. So picking your employer or your state of residence may be more important than choosing your insurance company
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect