Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by willtherebe4 View Post
    Kp, could you give an idea of how little carb you had in a day, say for eg what it was & qty Also im wondering how long did you do it prior, what is recommended?
    Id like to know this also , i dont have ANY bread ,rice ,pasta potatoes ,cereal anything considered in the carb family ,but i do still have a hanful of berries and a apple a day, cant live without some fruit hope this is ok
    Last edited by 4BOYS; October 2nd, 2013 at 03:07 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BOYS View Post
    Id like to know this also , i dont have ANY bread ,rice ,pasta potatoes ,cereal anything considered in the carb family ,but i do still have a hanful of berries and a apple a day, cant live without some fruit hope this is ok
    Id imagine berries are much better than an apple which is prob too high in sugars (even if they are natural lol).

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apples are good because of the fiber. My DD has to do low carb and apples are great.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Id like to know how long did you do the low carbs for?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw good results after 3 months. Unfortunately that cycle was a NT though due to gender split. So I stayed on the low carb another 4 months till my successful cycle.

I stayed on <20g carbs a day. Very low. This counter might help.
    http://www.atkins.com/Program/Carb-Counter.aspx
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only did it for 2 months- the last month I was stricter. I avoided white bread, rice and pasta. No potatoes and veges high in carbs- ie corn. No sugar or processed foods like measuli bars. I would eat a low carb protein bar for breakfast, nuts inc almonds and plain Greek yoghurt and frozen berries mid morning. For lunch I would eat 2 boiled eggs with one piece of soy and linseed bread sometimes with a can of tuna. Dinners would consist of meat and veges- if I had stirfrys I'd have it with some brown rice. I made sure I ate plenty of nuts, avocados and sometimes apples when I needed something sweet. I didn't go full strict no carb as my body couldn't do it but basically I avoided high GI foods. I still had one coffee a day and 1-2 glasses of wine a week (no alcohol during stims). This worked for me with quality. DH still drank coffee- 1-2 cups and alcohol- 2-4 drinks a week.
    Mummy to 2 wonderful little boys

Cycle #1 HRC- Aug 2013- Long lupron. 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fertilised. 8 biopsied day 5 acgh/day 6 fresh transfer. 5 normals- 4 XX, 1 XY- transferred grade A, fully hatched XX. BFP 4 dpt. 1st beta 9dpt 199, 2nd beta 14dpt dropped 46, 3rd beta 24- CHEMICAL!!!

Cycle # 2- FET- Dec 2013- cancelled due to late ovulation

Cycle #3- FET- Jan 2013-transferred 1 fully hatched grade AA blast- BFP 4dpt, 1st beta 9dpt 678, 2nd beta 12dpt 3195, 3rd beta 25dpt 56,000- 1 HB seen at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't made many diet changes for this first cycle, going to go low Carb or no Carb as much as poss. In the last 3 weeks of this cycle and see, then continue it in case I cycle again.
    I just know I will find that diet so hard, very hard to eat a food unless I like it. Think I'll be sticking to lots of hummus with cucumber carrots and pepper slices, nuts, and steak or chicken with veg!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Apples are good because of the fiber. My DD has to do low carb and apples are great.

Apples are not bad in a general sense, but not good if you are trying to achieve very low carb. They are almost 20gm carb per serve (the total amount you would stick to for extreme low carb for this purpose). They are a simple carb and therefore have higher sugar level than a complex carb (which would also keep u fuller longer) and therefore would raise insulin levels higher than ideal. Id aim to stick to complex carbs only and maybe have something like an apple as a once off if you were craving something sweet.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just wondering:

Is it really bad to eat carb once a week? I mean, it must be better than dont eating low carb at all?

On saturday we have a familything with eating pizza, sweets and such stuff. I am petite so it is really hard to explain why I am eating low carb
    and

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollo View Post
    I am just wondering:

Is it really bad to eat carb once a week? I mean, it must be better than dont eating low carb at all?

On saturday we have a familything with eating pizza, sweets and such stuff. I am petite so it is really hard to explain why I am eating low carb
    Dr Potter and Atkins both explained to me that it's the process of getting into ketosis that makes low carb beneficial. This can take several days of low carb to achieve. Thus you need to stick to it strictly. I even did it Christmas Day.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast