Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See I was worried about not eating any carbs, thought it may harm my body or eggs in some way?
    So is it ok to not eat any carbs?

For instance so far today I had raw carrots and hummus about 10am, then some cooked roast chicken to snack on about lunch-time .... not hungry yet but will probably have some natural yoghurt with granola later, and then planning on having steak with onions, mushrooms, green beans and a slice of melted cheese on top, wasn't planning on any carbs at all today ...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    See I was worried about not eating any carbs, thought it may harm my body or eggs in some way?

For instance so far today I had raw carrots and hummus about 10am, then some cooked roast chicken to snack on about lunch-time .... not hungry yet but will probably have some natural yoghurt with granola later, and then planning on having steak with onions, mushrooms, green beans and a slice of melted cheese on top, wasn't planning on any carbs at all today ...
    Thinking about the same thing! That cant be good for the egg either? No carb? The body neeeds a little carb...
    and

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that for anyone without PCOS, eating some GOOD carbs (fruit, veg, whole grain) is a good thing. If you ever read the original study the % on this are not NO carbs and super high protein, it was anything more than 25% calories from protein and anything less than 40% calories from carbs. There is a lot of wiggle room there. Easy to follow article here:
    Can High-Protein, Low-Carb Diet Boost Fertility Treatment? - US News and World Report And it is not at all clear if it is even the protein - it could have been due to eating more fat or less processed foods or exercising more or some other thing entirely.

There are quite a few studies done in animals that show high protein intake is actually bad for fertility. Unless you have a known medical condition or have gotten inexplicably poor results with your HT rounds I personally believe it's best to include some carbs in your diet. Others won't agree but I did want to mention that it's not accepted canon by everyone. Good luck girls.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

There will be carbs in your hummus and granola.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are eating carbs and probably way over 20. There's carbs in carrots, granola (a lot), and your yogurt. Your eating more carbs then you think. If its not straight protein like a meat or straight fat your eating carbs.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha and there was me thinking I wasn't eating any lol.

I actually would like to include some carbs so not too worried about the amount in the hummus etc. as what Ive eaten today is a huge healthy change from my usual diet. I will read that link, thanks, and look into how much carbs are in what Im eating.

I think Ill also see what this cycle brings in terms of quality, just have a feeling the quality won't be good from having a couple of blighted ovums before and the PCOS on one ovary. But can then look into the best diet for the next cycle if need be.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha and there was me thinking I wasn't eating any lol.

I actually would like to include some carbs so not too worried about the amount in the hummus etc. as what Ive eaten today is a huge healthy change from my usual diet. I will read that link, thanks, and look into how much carbs are in what Im eating.

I think Ill also see what this cycle brings in terms of quality, just have a feeling the quality won't be good from having a couple of blighted ovums before and the PCOS on one ovary. But can then look into the best diet for the next cycle if need be.
    Chocolate if you have PCOS then low carb can make an even bigger difference with your cycle. You might benefit from metformin too.

I wish I had known about low carb before my cycle #1 & 2. My quality was so poor. I wasted a lot of time and money.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, yes I did suggest Metformin to the Dr but he said not too .... I am however taking Inositiol so hope that helps, as well as CoQ10, Vitamin D3, Omega 3, Vitamin C, and a good pre-natal.

Also, app, the lady who did my scan, said one ovary looked polycystic (was larger?) and one wasn't (was normal size) which seemed odd to me, but Im hoping that the non Poly cystic ones could produce the better eggs.

If they come back poor then I think I will insist on metformin and def. work hard on the diet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeandDreamG View Post
    I understand it helps by lowering insulin levels. Does the lower insulin level help embryos that are normal be a better quality/grade? And/or does it help normals not arrest prematurely?
    It helps egg quality and therefore you get better embryos., quality-wise. It may also help with implantation and pregnancy maintenance. In addition to lowering insulin levels, protein provides amino acids needed for the manufacture of proteins so this may have a role in improving outcomes as well but this is speculative.
    Last edited by Dr. Potter; October 10th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vickyaust View Post
    Dr Potter and Atkins both explained to me that it's the process of getting into ketosis that makes low carb beneficial. This can take several days of low carb to achieve. Thus you need to stick to it strictly. I even did it Christmas Day.
    Is it just me who should follow low carb or dh as well?
    5 4 1 (2x m/c)
    Hoping for

Cycle #1: SART June/July 2014
    13 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilised, 5 day 5 biopsy = 3xy, 2xx all normal, 2 day 6 biopsy.
    I x fresh transfer xy, 2 x xy frozen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123