Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HT & Autoimmune disorders

Hi,
    I was hoping if someone coud tell me what impact, if any, Autoimmue disorders on the females side has on HT. In particular I'm referring to Ankylosing Spondylitis (positive for HLA-B27 gene). Does it make any difference if the disease is active or not at the time of cycling?

Is there anything that can be done to minimise the impact when cycling?

If anyone can attach any links or refer me to any sites where I can read up on this further, that would be most appreciated.

Thankyou.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an autoimmune disorder- crohns. I have NO idea of your autoimmune disorder. I can tell you if my disease was active there is no way a doc wold let me cycle and it would be a huge waste of time and money anyway bc it's quite doubtful a pregnancy would stick. If our body thinks it can't handle a pregnancy it won't. Again I don't know your particular auto immune disorder but I would assume if its active its not a good idea.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else please?
    Dr Potter??

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would ask Dr. Braverman on his forum. He is a reproductive immunologist and is an expert in this area. Immune issues can definitely impact success but I am only familiar with what I have and not sure about the issue you talked about.
    preventmiscarriage.com is his website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been diagnosed with spondylitis recently and have wondered the same. I have considered having my embryo's tested for HLA-B27, but it runs in my family so much, I'm affraid all my embryo's will be affected. It wouldn't be a reason for me not to transfer an embryo, as the disease is very well treatable. I do know that low carb can have a great effect on keeping the infections low. You can googel on ankylosing spondylitis and Paleo for example. The theory is that especially bread causes a lot of problems for us patients. Since I have cut back on carbs, I have been feeling a lot better and have a lot less pain. Also low carb has great effect on ivf results as well. Are you currently taking any medication? I'm very curious to know what dr. Bravermann has to say about this. FX!
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana-Alicia View Post
    I have been diagnosed with spondylitis recently and have wondered the same. I have considered having my embryo's tested for HLA-B27, but it runs in my family so much, I'm affraid all my embryo's will be affected. It wouldn't be a reason for me not to transfer an embryo, as the disease is very well treatable. I do know that low carb can have a great effect on keeping the infections low. You can googel on ankylosing spondylitis and Paleo for example. The theory is that especially bread causes a lot of problems for us patients. Since I have cut back on carbs, I have been feeling a lot better and have a lot less pain. Also low carb has great effect on ivf results as well. Are you currently taking any medication? I'm very curious to know what dr. Bravermann has to say about this. FX!

It's a hard one Diana as not all AS suffers have the HLA-B27 gene anyway so there is no guarantee that even an embie without the gene wont have AS. However, I do have the gene and have wondered the same thing but after already having 3ds untested I don't think it would be a good idea (and its supposed to be less common in females).
    It took me over 10 years to be diagnosed as the pain was off and on and mainly in my hips rather than my back. Since then (approx. 7 yrs ago) I've only had a couple of flare ups. I'm not on any meds at moment but I definitely agree that diet plays a HUGE role. Last year I was in a warmer climate eating very clean, very low carb / starch and going gym 5-6 times per week and no pain at all. Now not really focusing on diet but maintaining my weight and winter kicking in I have had regular intermittent pain. I need to get back on track!! I have had 3 MC, 2 of them prior to my diagnosis and am wondering if that could be due to my AS??
    The strange thing for me is that I don't know which side of family it is inherited from. I am one of 5 and no one else in my family has it that we know of (but they also aren't the kind to get things checked out where I am) but my mother does have back issues and I suspect it is from her but she thinks her back pain is from moving one time and hurting her back, but I don't think so!
    I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist in a few weeks who I haven't seen since shortly after my diagnosis and back then he did say I only had a mild case (thankfully!!). I took meds at one stage but had to be off them for min 6 months prior to ttc and never went back on them. Never had any problem during pregnancy or delivery but did have a bad flare up after ds2 which I hear is not uncommon.
    Ill let you know if I get any other feedback on other posts.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's very common for them to take long on diagnosis. The damage needs to be seen on the scan and it takes years for the infections to damage the bones. My mom has it, my aunt, uncle (her siblings) my grandfather and two of his sisters. My eldest sister has been diagnosed just last month and my younger sister has started to complain about lower back aches. So for us it definitely runs in the family. But I was told by my rheumatologist that it usually doesn't, so wouldn't be surprised if no one in your family has it.

I have had a lot of problems during and after my pregnancies, I was in a wheelchair for a good 8 months, the pain was insane. But I've been taking painkillers now and since then I've been feeling much better. Can't take the actual NSAID's because of breastfeeding my youngest. But my dr did tell me it's better to take meds to stop the spine from deforming. And yes, we should work out a lot too! Something I'm not particularly fond off But I'm trying to get in good shape for HT, so this is defo a problem I will tackle!

Hope you get an update on this issue soon But I'm sure it will be fine. I hope!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's very common for them to take long on diagnosis. The damage needs to be seen on the scan and it takes years for the infections to damage the bones. My mom has it, my aunt, uncle (her siblings) my grandfather and two of his sisters. My eldest sister has been diagnosed just last month and my younger sister has started to complain about lower back aches. So for us it definitely runs in the family. But I was told by my rheumatologist that it usually doesn't, so wouldn't be surprised if no one in your family has it.

I have had a lot of problems during and after my pregnancies, I was in a wheelchair for a good 8 months, the pain was insane. But I've been taking painkillers now and since then I've been feeling much better. Can't take the actual NSAID's because of breastfeeding my youngest. But my dr did tell me it's better to take meds to stop the spine from deforming. And yes, we should work out a lot too! Something I'm not particularly fond off But I'm trying to get in good shape for HT, so this is defo a problem I will tackle!

Hope you get an update on this issue soon But I'm sure it will be fine. I hope!
    Oh no that sounds horrible! How old are u? It scares me sometimes but at others I don't think about it. I know I should be more vigilant with the meds but it seems the times its at its worse we are thinking about ttc I think ill focus on diet for now. My pain is like a constant ache but I can block it out, hence why I don't take meds often but I should but also worried about constantly taking nsaid's?? I am worse in morn n when going from sitting for a while to standing which doesn't happen often with 3ds to run after lol.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 29 now. It's only during my pregnancies and a few months after. It's also my pelvic that get's unstable, so it's not just spondilytis. My mom has always felt better during her pregnancies and that's what my dr said as well, most women feel better when pregnant. But I'm not one of those unfortunately, which is the main reason for me having to wait before we go HT. My youngest is just a baby, he needs to be picked up and carried up the stairs etc. I can not properly care for such a young child when pregnant. So he needs to be a bit more independent, not need me so much. But we will get a nanny or an au pair by the time I'm pregnant, so i can rest and be asured my kids are taken cared off properly and they can still go out and do fun stuff. As I would only hold them back at the time But it's only 8 months, so I guess it's worth it in the end if it gets me my healthy little girl. Will defo be the last pregnancy for me, hence why we go ht.

You should take meds to protect your stomach when you take NSAID's. But other than that you should be fine. It's not a nice idea to pump yourself full of meds, but we really don't have much of a choice if we don't want to end up like crooked old ladies with a hunchback lol. And the mornings are always the worst, ugh sometimes I wake up at night and feel so stiff and sore I can't even roll over! Feeling old at those days! But yeah, also have 2 boys tor un after, so they can keep us a bit flexible for now

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 29 now. It's only during my pregnancies and a few months after. It's also my pelvic that get's unstable, so it's not just spondilytis. My mom has always felt better during her pregnancies and that's what my dr said as well, most women feel better when pregnant. But I'm not one of those unfortunately, which is the main reason for me having to wait before we go HT. My youngest is just a baby, he needs to be picked up and carried up the stairs etc. I can not properly care for such a young child when pregnant. So he needs to be a bit more independent, not need me so much. But we will get a nanny or an au pair by the time I'm pregnant, so i can rest and be asured my kids are taken cared off properly and they can still go out and do fun stuff. As I would only hold them back at the time But it's only 8 months, so I guess it's worth it in the end if it gets me my healthy little girl. Will defo be the last pregnancy for me, hence why we go ht.

You should take meds to protect your stomach when you take NSAID's. But other than that you should be fine. It's not a nice idea to pump yourself full of meds, but we really don't have much of a choice if we don't want to end up like crooked old ladies with a hunchback lol. And the mornings are always the worst, ugh sometimes I wake up at night and feel so stiff and sore I can't even roll over! Feeling old at those days! But yeah, also have 2 boys tor un after, so they can keep us a bit flexible for now
    Dana where are you planning to cycle?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast