Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mydream View Post
    Dr. P.
    I am 38 years old and have 2 healthy boys both conceived naturally and quickly one @ 33 and one at 35. We are trying for a girl.
    I have gone through 2 failed ivf cycles.
    My highest fsh is 10.2
    Both cycles on was on about bcp for about 8 - 10 days
    Then Lupron, Gonal-F and Menopur. I usually stopped the Gonal-F after about 4 days. I stimmed for about 10-12 days with both cycles.
    I was monitored daily for bloodwork and u/s and the doses changed according to those daily results.
    First cycle 13 eggs retrieved- 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 5 girls, 2 boys - only 1 normal boy
    Second Cycle- 6 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, only 2 made it to day 5 and day 6 biopsy- 1 boy, 1 girl- Both abnormal

What can I do or ask my RE?

Many thanks for your time.
    WIth the elevated FSH level of 10.2, I agree with the micro-lupron flare part of the cycle ( assuming that you were taking 20 units of diluted lupron twice per day). I would suggest higher doses of FSH such as 2 menopur and 250 or 300 of pure FSH to start. You may also consider adding growth hormone. I would consider a day three biopsy as there are some embryos that may make babies but are not at the expanded or hatched blast stage in time for day 5 or day 6. I hope that this helps.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Dr. P..this does help
    I was taking 20 units of diluted lupron 2x per day and anywhere from 150-225 units of menopur 2x per day...I was taking 150 Gonal-F in the beginning only- for about 4 days. What do you think of the estrogen priming protocol?....that is what my RE said he would try for my third cycle IF I decide to cycle again. Do you recommend DHEA?
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12