Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When can be pre-testing done?

Dear Dr Potter,

We have two wonderful boys as children and we have decided to do IVF/PGD gender selection in order to have a baby girl. We strongly believe that we will decide to do it with you at HRC.

Our youngest child was born June 2013, and I am still breastfeeding him, so I had my first period 2 weeks ago. We would like to start asap with any steps towards cycling doing IVF/PGD, as we would like to do our first attempt by June 2014.

Is it OK to do pre-testing in my second cycle (that is, within 2 weeks)?
    Is it too early?
    Will pre-testing results be OK?
    Will pre-testing results be affected by still breastfeeding the baby?

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be interested to know the answers to these questions too!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You cannot do protesting while breast feeding. 6 months postpartum and 2 cycles after breast feeding is generally recommended.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you nuthinbutpink. Such a shame, :-( Is it that way even if breast feeding is decreasing? My baby does not get that much from my breasts at the moment as also eats fruits, vegetables and meat, and I also bottle feed him with formula.

5. Dislikes Dreamsister disliked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you really need to wait until you completely stop BF, otherwise the results may not be reliable. Note also that it's better to wait a couple of months after you finish BF before you cycle. Some ladies here who cycled too soon after finishing BF or giving girth though that the negative outcome may be attributed to it.
    Did HT in summer and got BFP - OHW

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by antur123 View Post
    Thank you nuthinbutpink. Such a shame, :-( Is it that way even if breast feeding is decreasing? My baby does not get that much from my breasts at the moment as also eats fruits, vegetables and meat, and I also bottle feed him with formula.
    Yes you have to be fully stopped. Your body is only designed to support one pregnancy at a time and when breastfeeding, your baby making hormones are not at optimal levels by design so you want to stop before spending thousands of dollars on this!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums