Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dr P, do you have any plans to offer a 2-cycle shared risk plan for patients under 35?

Hi Dr P,

I am 32 and have 2 boys. I'm in the process of deciding between your clinic and another which offers a 2-cycle shared risk plan for my cycle in April 2012. The shared risk part is really important to me, but as I am an international patient (UK) and for financial reasons, I don't think it will be possible for us to plan for three cycles,and I am scared of walking away with a huge amount of debt and no baby (which I know is a possibility)!! Would you consider introducing a 2-cycle plan with a shared risk element for eligible patients? I think it would be popular with us internationals.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    2 gorgeous boys (3yrs & 6yrs) . Praying for a little lady to join our family.

Was going to go HT in 2012 but pre-testing rubbish ...too much of gamble so....TTC naturally: Pink sway with Atomic's help!!!

2. Likes KTU108 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually saw a brochure at HRC Pasadena a few days ago offering a shared risk plan, but I'm not sure how many it includes.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Jaybz,

Thanks for your thoughts....I think it's only 3 cycles. I really don't think I will be able to do that many...

xxx

Was going to go HT in 2012 but pre-testing rubbish ...too much of gamble so....TTC naturally: Pink sway with Atomic's help!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my consult yesterday and they offered a 2 and 3 cycle shared risk plan.
    I'm 37 / DH 36
    CD3 Pretesting FSH 13, AMH 0.16, AFC 15

Cycle #1 Aug.2011 No transfer
    10 eggs, 6 sent to GSN, 0 normal.

Sept. 2011 started trying naturally. BF+ 3/27/12

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really??? They told me no shared risk for 2-cycles, only the usual 2-cycle package (with no refund available. Was it def shared risk??? Really hope so. Did they give you a price for it?

Thanks Cajun!!!

Bumping for Dr P to clarify!!

xxx

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I just received an email today, I asked if HRC had a shared risk plan. Crystal is calling it a shared risk plan but states, "Our current 2 cycle shared risk plan has qualifying factors as follows: .....There are no refunds after egg retrieval on any of the HRC packages." So, looks like its just a reduced fee IVF 2 cycle plan right, since there are no refunds if you don't succeed? Hopefully the Dr. can chime in soon.
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I've signed up to a 2-cycle plan at HRC. It's not shared risk as I understand it in that there is no refund if you don't get pregnant. The way it works is that you get 2 or 3 cycles at a discounted rate but for example should you have a poor response and do not progress to ER then you get a refund. However, once past ER no refunds apply. Hope that helps.

Age 39yrs. Low AMH/AFC. 1st cycle - HRC July 2011 (OHW!).
    Protocol: Microdose Lupron, Menopur, GonalF
    ER 18 July (8 retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilised)
    ET 23 July (SET - HB xx)
    POAS 30 July - BFP!
    Beta #1: 413 iu/l (11dpt); Beta #2: 2405 iu/l (16dpt)
    USS 22 August: heartbeat seen, measuring 7 weeks
    USS 20 September: very wriggly active little baby seen - 11 weeks

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I didn't really ask for details so she just briefly went over it. I did take notes and she said it was shared risk and quoted me 10,600 for 2 cycles and 13,300 for 3 cycles. I'm not really sure what they mean by "shared risk".
    I'm 37 / DH 36
    CD3 Pretesting FSH 13, AMH 0.16, AFC 15

Cycle #1 Aug.2011 No transfer
    10 eggs, 6 sent to GSN, 0 normal.

Sept. 2011 started trying naturally. BF+ 3/27/12

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shared risk usually means that you get a percentage of the IVF cycle cost back if you don't succeed within that number of cycles e.g. Dr Lin offers 75% back (although doesn't include PGD costs etc) if you haven't got preg within 2 or 3 cycles (depending on which you have chosen). If you are under 31 you get 90% back. As I mentioned, you are still out of pocket with the meds, PGD costs etc but at least you get something back if you have to face the pain of no baby. It is because of this package that I am leaning towards Dr Lin, but I know Dr P has lots of success too. The normal 2 cycle packge reduces the cost a bit, but you still face potentially not having a baby having parted with a huge amount of money. I'm not sure I could deal with this, but shared risk makes it more bearable I would think?

xxx

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunChic View Post
    Hmm, I didn't really ask for details so she just briefly went over it. I did take notes and she said it was shared risk and quoted me 10,600 for 2 cycles and 13,300 for 3 cycles. I'm not really sure what they mean by "shared risk".
    I am familiar with HRC pricing and those prices obviously do not include the refund option. "Shared risk" could be loosely interpreted to apply to the multi-cycle packages - in that you are taking the risk you will pay more for one cycle, and HRC is taking the risk of giving you a large discount for multiple cycles.

So when asking about packages, I would make it clear you are looking for a "refund" package, as the term "shared risk" is not entirely clear.
    Last edited by jacqueline; June 25th, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
    and a miracle HT
    My cycle details: click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast