Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One failed cycle and one chemical pregnancy - Please help!

Dear Dr. Potter,

I have had two cycles this year - both with a clinic in Czech Republic, and both times having a short antagonist protocol. Each time I had the embryos aCGH tested and each time they put back two 5/6 day XX Hatching Blasts as a FET. They also told me both times that my lining was really good.

The first time I got a straight out Negative.

This time I was getting positive test results for a few days that then began to get fainter until they went negative again on the day I was due for my blood test, 6 days after my first positive result. Also worth noting, on my second cycle I was on Prednisone in case of immune issues.

I don't understand why it isn't working. I've had three healthy boys in the last 4.5 years - all three were conceived naturally on the first attempt and I had no problems during the pregnancy. I'm only 26 and all my pretesting was good as far as I've been told. I'm really worried that I can't carry girls - i'm not sure if that's even a real thing.

Any advice you can give would be very helpful! I've emailed Lori asking about cycling with you as soon as possible but I am really worried that it will never work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it could be the protocol you were on. 5/6 day Hatching blasts in our hands you would have an 80% chance of live birth on tested embryos. You are young so I would be interested to see your ovarian reserve testing and what hormone replacement regimen they had you on. I'm glad you reached out to Lori, I hope to speak with you very soon and be able to answer your questions more specifically given your medical history.

Best,
    Dr. P
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Dr. Potter. I would be very interested to hear what you think about everything once you have all the details. I have also emailed Lailany so hopefully we will get to have a consultation soon.

Do you have any idea of roughly how long the waiting list is at the minute for IVF with you? We are very desperate to cycle again as soon as possible and work schedules/time commitments become much more complicated later in the year - especially if we are looking for a big enough window to fit a trip to the States in.

Thanks again for all your help and I hope to speak with you soon!