Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD/IVF any talks of it becoming illegal in the US?

I know Microsort is not allowed in the US right now. Is there any concern that IVF/PGD for family balancing will also become disallowed? I will probably do GS with IVF/PGD in about 1 to 1.5 years. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't imagine that it wouldn't be allowed. Microsort is still allowed for genetic reasons and who knows why it isn't allowed for family balancing. It could have been a number of things but so far we don't know why it isn't allowed. I don't think it has anything to do with gender selection as a whole though and you shouldn't worry that it will be illegal any time soon.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks so much michaela! I think it is just an irrational fear i have that it will become illegal. I just went through ivf process for our first and will need to do it for second child---I had a horrible pregnancy so can't imagine having more than two pregnancies. Therefore, we would love to do gs for the next one. Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem! I am also doing IVF for our first!! Good luck to you on your 2nd!
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh lots of good luck to you!! where are you cycling? I hope you have a successful cycle!!! are you doing gender selection for your first? we did not but were offered it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If we are lucky enough to have a choice I would chose to transfer a boy and a girl but at this point I will take what we can get. This will be our last IVF cycle so I can't be a chooser but I would love to have b/g twins given the chance!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah we wanted to do that also---but we only have one babe after transferring two--lots of luck to you--are you on fertility community? that kept me (semi) sane during the ivf procedure--lots of luck!! i can't wait to hear about your success!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I am on there too! Well I have been on there since 2008 but don't post as often anymore. The cycle threads get too big and hard to follow. I have been on the GS boards for just as long and love the smaller HT groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyneedivf View Post
    I know Microsort is not allowed in the US right now. Is there any concern that IVF/PGD for family balancing will also become disallowed? I will probably do GS with IVF/PGD in about 1 to 1.5 years. Thanks!
    Not at this time. I do not expect any regulatory challenges for PGD in the near future.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks so much dr potter! I guess I should not worry about it becoming illegal in the next couple of years--thanks!