Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HRC cycle date question 2012

I am new to the site! I finally have my husband onboard with the IVF/PGD process.... I am very excited and in the information gathering phase of my journey.

Can someone tell me, do all clinics have set cycle dates for IVF/PGD? If so, how is a cycle shifted to meet clinic dates? Or do clinics work with our body's own natural menstrual cycle?

I would like to cycle in May, and again in June or July if May does not result in BFP.

I am most interested in DR Potters location and cycle information.

I am a healthy 34 year old woman with 5 girls (including one set of twins). Hoping to make my boy dream a reality in 2012!

Thank you for your time.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Welcome. No, there are no set dates. You need to do a consult and get pretesting done before you can cycle. Pretesting starts day 3 of your cycle with some blood work, you can then cycle the following month. So, if you get pretesting done in March, you may cycle April. You can't cycle again as quickly as what you typed. If you cycle in May and get a BFN, you have to wait for AF which could take a little while and then cycle again and depending on how you respond, you may need more time to cycle again.

Just contact the office and setup a consult, which is free for Dream Members and go from there!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not certain if this is normal, but this is what Lori at HRC just emailed me...

If you want to come in April we are doing our cycles the end of the month April 24th-27th as DR. Potter is out of the office from the 6th-22nd. We will be doing our May procedures from May 11th-15th.

I was hoping that it would just go with a persons own cycle. But it seems that HRC at least has set cycles... Anyone with other information on other clinics and if this is normal?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, these days would not work for me! I'm hoping to cycle the beginning for April, not the end...I'm yet to find out who I will be cycling with after my consult with Dr. P at the end of this month..

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Purple Dream,

I thought the same thing.... If you speak to Dr Potter before I do, maybe you can find out how they come up with these dates. Do they require all their patients to cycle adjust via BCP to match their dates? Hmmm.. Wish I knew more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5littlegirls View Post
    I am new to the site! I finally have my husband onboard with the IVF/PGD process.... I am very excited and in the information gathering phase of my journey.

Can someone tell me, do all clinics have set cycle dates for IVF/PGD? If so, how is a cycle shifted to meet clinic dates? Or do clinics work with our body's own natural menstrual cycle?

I would like to cycle in May, and again in June or July if May does not result in BFP.

I am most interested in DR Potters location and cycle information.

I am a healthy 34 year old woman with 5 girls (including one set of twins). Hoping to make my boy dream a reality in 2012!

Thank you for your time.
    The main thing is that the cycles occur when I am in the office!. Otherwise, we are cycling all of the time. In April, as it states below, I am traveling presenting my research as various meetings. In most months, Lori will give patients a list of available dates. We have a limit on how many cycles we will schedule for a particular day so that we have optimal quality. We can almost always work around our patients' schedules. The cycles are manipulated by varying the length of time that the patient is on birth control pills. Most clinics do not work with you natural menstrual cycle as this would result in fewer eggs being harvested. The birth control pill, in addition to helping both the clinic and patient schedule their lives and travel arrangement in advance, helps line up a larger population of follicles at the 'starting line' and so improves the number of eggs recovered.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for shedding light on the subject. I had heard about the eggs with the BCP before, but the modifying of the cycle with them was a new subject to me and a few others.

Thank you for your reply Dr Potter!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for this info.......very helpful for me also. We are hoping to cycle in May and have already purchased flights from Oz so just hope all works out.
    So new at this......have consult with Dr P this week and can hopefully do pretesting asap.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, after some talking and logistics consideration, it looks like I may cycle in May, so we will be cycle buddies, bubbaboo, my consult with Dr. P is today! Can't wait to ask all those questions..

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great!!!! hope consult has gone well for you purpledream. Sounds great to have a cycle buddy = totally new territory for me! Can't wait to have my consult too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast