Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Estrogen Priming?

Hi, Dr.Potter,
    why would you put someone on Estrogen Priming protocol and is age alone enough reason to proceed with this type of stimulation? Has anyone here done this type of protocol and why did your RE put you on it and what the outcome was? Thank you all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I was on it. I was on it because of my AMH and because of my poor response for my age during my first cycle. It really helps to get better egg quality I guess in those that are poor responders or have DOR.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response! The thing is I responded well to the Long Lupron, but ended up with lots of eggs (27), which may have compromised their quality. I'm 36, so not too old either...so I was not a poor responder to the Long Lupron originally, but that was 2 years ago.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you need E priming if you got 27 eggs. I would aim for less eggs like you say to hope for better quality.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm I am not sure then. Maybe they would have you on it because it is a slower protocol than even the long lupron which would hopefully make the quality better as well as retrieve less eggs. Do they have you on a lower dose of stims than last time? Hopefully Dr. P has a much better insight to this one!
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My AMH currently is 3, is that considered low?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not at all. Very normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledream View Post
    Hi, Dr.Potter,
    why would you put someone on Estrogen Priming protocol and is age alone enough reason to proceed with this type of stimulation? Has anyone here done this type of protocol and why did your RE put you on it and what the outcome was? Thank you all!
    Estrogen priming is usually reserved for patients that have diminished ovarian reserve or a history of poor response to mediciations. I am not sure of the indication in your particular case. Please provide more information.
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr. Potter,
    I have neither of those. My AMH is 3 and I had close to 30 eggs during my first cycle, I'm 36. The suspected cause to my miscarriages is egg quality, therefore, I was highly recommended the EEP. Thank you for joining the discussion!