Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this a new issue for you both Jaybz and michaela?
    Have you both had children prior to doing IVF with pgd for gender selection? If so, did you ever have trouble conceiving naturally on your own?
    Sorry, if you don't mind me asking....
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My issues aren't new in that I have known for awhile but this will be my first IVF cycle where i have been treated for them.

I don't have any children and I am not doing gender selection so I am different than everyone on this site. LOL! My details are in my siggy.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ya, I heard back from my nurse and she said to go ahead and start taking the 1 baby aspirin daily. It can't hurt.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    Is this a new issue for you both Jaybz and michaela?
    Have you both had children prior to doing IVF with pgd for gender selection? If so, did you ever have trouble conceiving naturally on your own?
    Sorry, if you don't mind me asking....
    I didn't have any trouble conceiving naturally before IVF. I developed immune issues after my first cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    I do understand that the aCGH checks the full 24 chromosomes -- so that is better.
    My doctor does recommend it, as the cost is similar -- until you have more than 8 embryos, and then the cost starts to go way up.
    With my current RE I got 17 eggs last cycle -- I am presuming this time will be similar.
    My dh and I are hesitant to spend more money than need be on this since we have had no luck in the past. For us, IVF and the med's are 100% covered by insurance (not b/c we have fertility issues though), so we are only paying for the pgd and embryo biopsy.

My 1st cycle I had 1 "normal" xx / 2nd cycle had 3 normal xx / 3rd cycle had "normal" 2 xx.
    So my thought -- whether I do aCGH or FISH, I generally only have 2-3 xx. That is what is going to be transferred anyway so whether I pay more to know more is not going to change the inevitable outcome.
    One of my cycles I did 5-probe and got pg with both xx transferred. I did miscarry but then did a tissue analysis and both were perfect 24-chrom embryos.
    My 3rd cycle I transferred 2 normal aCGH xx and did not get pg. So in my experience, just because I know all the 24 chrom's are perfect, it does not help them to implant or me to stay pg.
    If I do FISH and have more than 2-3 xx (which would be amazing, but unlikely) then they are going to choose the best most developed 2 xx to transfer. I can freeze the rest and do a FET if need be.

My question is -- given my situation, does it really matter that I am not doing aCGH and only choosing to do the 5probe FISH? We feel regardless of the testing the outcome is going to be the same, so spending more money seems foolish since knowing more is not going to help me get pg if we only have 2 or 3 embryos to transfer anyway.
    Is this logical thinking?
    5 probe FISH will accurately tell you the gender but it will not help with embryo selection and so does not improve the pregnancy rate like 24-chromosome testing
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123