Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Delay in AF post breast feeding- worried

Hi, I'm not sure if i am posting this on the right thread- so i apologise if this is in the wrong place!

Just needed some advice. My youngest DS is just turned 1 year. I have stopped breast feeding completely 7 weeks ago and no AF! I will add that DS2 has slept through the night from 4 months and i have also slowly weaned him throughout. I am not sure if this is normal or not? I breast fed DS1 for a year and AF only returned once i stopped breast feeding completely. I have a multi-load IUD- inserted when DS2 was 6 months old and although there is no hormones with this IUD (non hormonal unlike the mirena) the risk of pregnancy would be low. I have had pregnancy symptoms (nausea, dizziness) but i have been sick with a virus and did a FRER a week ago which was negative (just in case!) I plan to go to HRC for gender selection for a DD in 2013 so not TTC yet but wonder if anyone else has had a delay in their AF for this long?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im no expert but I weaned my 8 month old son in order be begin to sway, I got my period back within 2 weeks of complete weaning. I have heard that it can take some time though, and that the longer you BF, the longer it may take your cycle to not only return, but to return to normal. My DS3 slept through the night very early also and I cut back on weaning, but it was not enough to bring my cycle back until I weaned completely. I wouldnt worry too much, but perhaps take another pg test in a week or so just to rule it out?

Wishing you the best!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my 1st ppaf last Thursday. My son turned 1 July 6th. I weaned slowly and was still doing an occasional bf before he went to bed at night. Atomic had said that a lot of times af mimmicks the previous cycles you've had. My last cycle was Sept 14, 2010. I got af July 19 this time. I also was induced so that may have something to do with it. My guess would be to try to figure out when your last as was, wait till that day comes, and if af doesn't show start taking Vitex 400mg 2x a day. I hope I'm saying this right. I started taking it when af showed last week. Good luck to you.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i forgot to add, take Vitex af to O. Or 14 days. Hope I have this right. I'm new too and trying to help as much as I can.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice! I'm worried as I am usually like clock work. I have also had a lot of pregnancy symptoms. I will do another test. Good to know that it's not completely abnormal anyway