Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

reading with children

Note - not reading TO children, I have plenty of time to do that!

I used to read all the time when my older boys were little, but for whatever reason now with my two little ones I CANNOT read a book to save my life!!!

Seriously, when I have 5 minutes to read a book, first I have to go find my book under 40 piles of various child-related stuff, then find a place to sit that is not occupied by someone. Then I read three words and someone needs something. So I have to get up and do whatever it is that needs doing.

Then the baby gets my book and rips the dust cover. I retrieve the book from Baby, who cries until I get him a toy if I'm lucky, or a breast if he's hungry. Then once he's happy I try to start reading again, but I've forgotten what I just read, so I have to go back and reread it. When I do that I realize I've actually forgotten the parts I read yesterday so I have to go back and read those too.

At which point I realize I actually missed an entire chapter earlier on in the book and that's why nothing makes any sense, so I should probably just start over again from the very beginning! In the background, Spongebob is giggling and it's impossible to concentrate because someone is always throwing something at someone else, so it takes me 10 minutes to get through one paragraph.

Then it's time for my husband to get up for work and the whole thing was a complete waste of time because I have chores to do!!!

Is it just me??

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL! I can't even read my gossip magazines. I quickly flip through it just to see what everyone is wearing.

Between the baby, boys and DH, I probably get through the first paragraph before I'd have to feed/change/settle and fight/cook dinner etc....

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. I used to read every night before bed. That doesn't happen any more

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I miss reading too...I was such a bookworm pre-kids.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it hard to read too. I always have to stop to get someone a snack or a drink or make lunch. so I end up spending more time on the computer

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's easier for me to do the computer or FB because if I get interrupted, it's not so distracting somehow! I honestly think that's why I spend as much time on the computer as I do - I don't have to get as lost in it to enjoy as I do a book or movie, so if someone's harassing me, it's not as obnoxious!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought this post was about reading TO children.. Ha...no books for me here. Although we do read with our kids individually before bed everynight. We divide and conquer here.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do all my reading at night after the kids are in bed. If it's a good book, which it usually is, I stay up much too late. Luckily, I'm a fast reader and can read most books in less than a week.
    ~ Mom to 9 yo DS, 6 yo DS and 15 month old DD
    My Blog about raising my challenging children: http://www.wereswimminginalphabetsoup.blogspot.com

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love to read a good book but I dont get chance either. In fact I darent because through the whole twilight saga I switched off to anything going on around me, you should have seen the state of my front room when I looked up.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha, ha Nicola - I was reading the third Twilight book on my husband's 40th birthday and I could NOT put it down!!! Worst wife ever!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast