Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should ask a friend how they would spell it and I bet they will say Anya. Anye looks like you misspelled any to me.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I am going to be 31 this year... I was a year older then the rest of the people in my grades because I mother tried to keep us out of school and didn't try to homeschool.
    Oh well, there goes that theory - I'm turning 38 this year, so that's quite a difference. Maybe Canada lagged behind the U.S. in naming trends?
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's a pretty name but I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue how to pronounce it either. How about Orla?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to throw a unique A one out there.. Alayna.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Yep, I do know the meaning! That's why I love it so much

Aine - Ancient Irish name from the noun aine that means “splendor, radiance, brilliance.” Aine is connected with fruitfulness and prosperity. The queen of the Munster fairies was called Aine as was one of the wives of Fionn Mac Cool (read the legend). Aine appears in folktales as “the best-hearted woman who ever lived – lucky in love and in money.”

So she's lucky, gorgeous, kind, successful and well-off Can't go wrong with that!
    Hi Ribbons. I have 3 friends called Áine. In Ireland we pro-nounce it Awwn-yah, As there is a fada over the 'A'. It is a lovely name but i would imagine outside of Ireland it would be hard for others to pronounce.

How about Enya(N-ya), Anais(Ann-a), Asha, or Ashling.

(99) (04) (08) 4 x looking over us all.

Swayed but blessed with another

' There is only room for one Princess in this house'

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should spell it how it is supposed to be said. We did this with my daughter, there is an American version of her name and a flower version, but we spelt it the Australian way, you cant really get it wrong even though it is unusual. I would spell your name Anya, and i think that is a very unusual beautiful name.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm having a really hard time letting go of the spelling, because any other way makes it an entirely different meaning.

Maybe I should just go with Sophia after all... and we could make Aine a middle name... I'd start out calling her Aine, but she could always change it to Sophia if it caused problems!

I was getting all excited about the name Esme too... then I realized it was in Twilight. So, scratch that...

Naming girls = hard!
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girl names I had lined up for my boys - Sadie, Mackenzie, Olivia
    Unfortunately never had a chance to use them...and now they're off my list anyway.
    If anyone wants them, they're yours for the taking. LOL
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a friend whose daughter is named an-yah but I have no idea how she spells it. It's a pretty name, but I wouldn't do that spelling. You'll be correcting it your whole life. And in school teachers and such will be mispronouncing it.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=purplepoet20;195451]I do have one concern about Aine... pronounced on-yay. What if the boys say "I wanna be ON YA". Maybe you can change the spelling a little so it can't be used in anyway to make fun of

This is EXACTLY what I was going to post. That is just what the boys are going to say. My first thought exactly
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast