Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Suregena, I think I remember seeing your son's names somewhere and they are awesome!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by suregena View Post
    My son's name is "unusual" I guess but still rather normal, but we've had every reaction imaginable to it, like my older brother saying, "You're not going to name him THAT are you?!" (We had the name picked out years before we got pregnant with him!)
    We also ALWAYS get, "Is he named after Otis Redding?"

We say, "No, he's named after and for his own self!"

People like to think they are being clever, don't they? :P
    I prob. mentioned this before but we took SO much flak for naming Wyatt, Wyatt 20+ years ago, and now it's one of the top names in the country! People don't know what they're talking about anyway!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    personally I love names that are unique for girls. and I wouldn't worry too much about pronunciation...i never minded having to keep pronouncing my name and spelling it over and over as a child. my mom is from france and so she gave me one of the most popular girl's names in France the year I was born. I knew 10 of them over there...but I was the only one with my name up until college (there was 1 other girl in over 10,000 students and she spelled it differently). Very few people seemed to know the name growing up (even though it's really not that unusual) and would mis-pronounce it and a few kids even made fun of it in 3rd/4th grade because it was so "weird". 40 years later, it is now SOOO popular in the United States. I remember when I started college, suddenly instead of having to spell over and over or repeat my name, people would say "what a beautiful name"...I guess I should have known then it would explode. Now I take my boys to the playground and it always freaks me out when I turn around only to find a parent calling their little girl!

So like Atomic said....you can pick it now and people can hate it...and years later it becomes a hit (and you are a trend setter!).

ok, I know you are curious. My name is Isabelle.
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cousin is American and he called his daughter Aine. Where I'm living now people pronounce it Awnya because of the fada, but where my family are from in Donegal they don't pronounce the fada so it's pronounced Ah-nya, I imagine my cousin pronounces it that way.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We would definitely pronounce it Ah-nya as that is what people who hear it will repeat... I can't imagine Americans naturally adding the fada, so at least we'll make it kind of easier for everyone

Now if I could just get everyone to stop naming their daughters Sophia, we'd be in business! LOL
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's a fada?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the Irish term for an acute accent. (From Wikipedia: Irish: á, é, í, ó, ú are the long equivalents of the vowels a, e, i, o, u. The accent is known as a síneadh fada /ˌʃiːnʲə ˈfadˠə/ (length accent), usually abbreviated to fada.)

The traditional spelling is Áine but I wouldn't do that here in the states.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the spelling is pretty. I'll confess I wouldn't have a clue how to pronounce it ( till now). I also like the other spellings also. Personally your child your way! If you an dh like that name thb you spell and pronounce it that way =). People are tattoo judgmental these days!

I mean after I had my first ds1. I had people screw up their noses at us due to the spelling of his name. I'd say it's a traditional/common name. Just a letter missing. We named him ADEN. Pronounced ay-den. Same way you say ayden aiden Aidan etc. impossible to find things with his name on it but I cant stand the spelling of Aden with a I a y I like but my some looked fierce when born and I found the y was too soft for him. But I had people pm me asking me how I pronounce it. My partner had a bloke at work tell him that we shouldn't mess with our kids names an keep the spelling how it's meant to be.
    There's no RULE BOOK!!! I mean I you spelt it really of like ayydehhn. Then yeah, very hard for the child. But no one has that say but you and dh. =)

Atomic. I love your name!!! I've even considered it for a girls name. But I have a good friend with that name. Not sure why people couldn't pronounce it though! Or spell it? So pretty and nice. Maybe its just a popular name in Australia?
    When I was at school no one else had my name. Especially not with my spelling. Just unheard of. People still spell it wrong or ask but meh. My name is Abby. It's when people pronounce it uh-bee that kind of annoys me. A-bee is how I pronounce it.
    Same as my last name. Everyone pronounces it with a u rather than a o =/

I must say this. Sophia is a pretty name. I *think* many names become popular due to tv shows and singers. The name Sophia became significantly popular whb the tv show teen mom was aired. Same goes with the names maci, allyah (sp?) etc.
    I do like known names but I rather then be further down the liked list than number 1 for my kids =)

Best of luck. Xo
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ILindGurl View Post
    ok, I know you are curious. My name is Isabelle.
    YES! I was curious! In French Class in high school I had thing for the name Cosette, but my French teacher told me Cosette was a bad name because of the book by Victor Hugo, and that people in France associated with being "poor" or "dirty." I wrote this book in high school and named the main charater Cozette (I loved it anyway!) and my lunch table would read it, and instead of finding all the soap opera hijinks unbelievable, they found the name too unbelievable! "no one in the us would name a child that name!" LOL

I love it how even characters in a book get their names critizied too! My French name was Sophia, because I didn't want to use the French variant of my real name...my name is Virginia, and the french variant is Virginie, which I've heard was/is in the top 20 of girl names!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast