Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do like amelia, and there are lots of different ways to shorten it to which is nice. If ds1 was a girl he was going to be Lily or Amelia or Amelie, ds2 was going to be Lily or Ruby, ds3 was going to be Lily or Freya - sensing a theme at all? We never really could agree on a girl name (until about a month before my bfp this time and its been unanimous from the beginning). Lily i liked but was never really sure - we ended up calling our dog lily. But one of our sons is called Dylan which we shorten to Dyl or Dilly so its amazing how many times you call Dyl and get the dog or the other way around as they must sound so similar - kinda glad we never named a baby that now.
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How about Ava and Oliver

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the name Elia (pronounce elle-EE-ah). Eliana I do like it, but my foreign tongue find it a bit of a twister.

Logan is a good name too - I just think Wolverine from X-men!

I totally get your not wanting the same initial for your kids - I actually think its a good think. If you choose Noah and when your boys are older you get a letter for "N. Jones" they won't know who its for. So choosing a different initial is a good thing! Plus I wouldn't choose a name some family members dog have :P

Logan & Ava are good together. Logan also fits with Sophia and Amelia, and both are super feminine.

Ava has a really good vintage feel about it. My only concern is that it is very common (which might not be a bad thing in your book! I mean, Noah has sky rocketed in popularity too over the last few years (dang it!) lol).
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know of a child in our town who has the name Ava-Lily. It is pretty and makes her stand out a little from the other Avas and Lilys but still a bit too common for my liking at the moment. I love the names Maia and Felicity and would be hard-pressed to choose (if I ever get a BFP!) and DH likes Nate for a boy. DS2 was going to be Amelia, but I'm glad I got to use the name Ethan
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Amelia and Eliana (that's my niece's name). I love Jeremiah for a boy and Logan goes well with your other sons names.
    Love My 4

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Owen and Ava together, i'd stay away from Lily/Liliana and Sophie/Sophia, they are our 2 oldest girls and there is at least 2 of each of them in their class at school, WAY to common.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, ladies! I love reading through all your replies.

I know some of the girl names I've chosen are gaining popularity, or have been very popular in recent years, but virtually ALL of the names on my girl list are names that are not taken by any little girls in our circle of friends, family, church family, or school. Of course, there could always be an Ava or Sophia that pops up in my kids' classrooms over the years, but I don't find that a big deal. As long as there aren't any (or many) in our social circle, I'm fine with it.

As for Eliana being a hard name to spell - I really don't think so at all. It's spelled exactly as it sounds. And this is coming from someone whose name was always spelled wrong all her life. If we do choose Eliana, we'd probably call her Ellie anyway.

I'm still not finding that boy name that I LOVE. I think Logan is growing on me more and more though, and since DH has been so awesome in the whole TTC and swaying process, I think I'd be happy letting him choose this boy name, since he seems to love it so much. If there was a different boy name that I absolutely adored, I'd probably push the issue, but since I do like (but maybe not LOVE) the name Logan, I think I'll be okay with it. We have actually considered that name for DS1 and DS2, but it just barely didn't make the cut. So maybe it will this time, who knows!

I'm still finding that my heart is drawn to Ava and Eliana for girl names. I really do think I love those the best. So, it will probably end up being between those two, but it's sooo hard to choose. I also know several people in our social circle who are pregnant (a few weeks behind me) and don't yet know what they're having...but some have mentioned using either Ava or Eliana for their baby's name if it's a girl. I told DH today that we should probably sit down and make a decision, because one of those names could be snatched up soon, LOL. I would hate to think back and say, "Oh, I wish I would have just picked that name!" after someone else did, kwim? Hmmm, why is naming so hard sometimes? DS1 I just KNEW was going to be Nathan, it was my favorite boy name. Every other child has been harder to name.

Hey - here's a new question....

If I'm trying to decide between Ava and Eliana, could you ladies share what middle names you think go nicely with them? Maybe a first-middle combo will strike me as the "right" name and will help me decide. What do you think?
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To some extent i don't think having a popular name is that bad, ds1 is named after dh's grandad but its always been one of the most popular names in every chart since he's been born and there has always been one other child with that name at least.

On the other hand ds2's name is welsh (were in england) and unless we are on holiday in Wales i had yet to see another child with the same name (especially the welsh spelling) since we'd caught with him and everyone commented on how unusual and what a nice name it was. But then when he was started school he is in the same class as another boy with the same name spelt the same way.

My girls name is a really popular one but its been my favourite for ages and the only name dh and i ever agreed on so all being well we will get to use it in 6 months time.

Ava and Eliana are both really lovely names. If your dh loves Logan why not name one each. I wasn't keen on the name ds1 choose for ds3 but dh really liked it and whilst i didn't dislike it i was overly strook but it grew on me and it really suits him (and i couldn't come up with anything better either!)

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ava Grace
    Ava Lilliana
    Ava McKenzie

Eliana Rose
    Eliana Ruby
    Eliana Bree

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Cinss! Those are very pretty, I especially like Ava Lilliana.

Anyone else?
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast