Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    My mom didn't know the name of Susannah until she walked into the hospital that morning and the baby was sitting right there so she couldn't exactly go EW!!

Of course that's because WE didn't know the name of Susannah until like 15 minutes before she got there! o.O
    I love the name Susannah, and I wish I could consider it for a girl (my dad's nickname for me has always been "Susie," don't ask me why, my name is Jennifer!) but dh has an Aunt Susan and an Aunt Susie and he dislikes them both so that is out for me.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We just flat ot kept ds2's name a secret and even though ppl were like oh that's dumb to do that or even guess the name was hilarious. It's your family, your baby, ppl get too bossy and controling these day's they especially in law's but my own mom was the worst as well alway's suggesting ton's of names and I finally said stop picking out names we have one picked out and that's that. Sometimes you try so hard to be nice for so long and if that why don't you tell her it offends you more then anything as you can't name your own child for that matter. Just a thought.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly haven't found a tactful way to discourage name suggestions. FIL was mad we wouldn't name our son Preston and has gone so far as to call him Preston now that he's born.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In defence of the name Tristan - it is a classic name! It's very old and celtic - Sir Tristan of King's Arthurs round table, same Tristan in the legend of Tristan and Isolde :P It isn't a soap name or a new found modernity, it is a classic.

Now this as we pick classic names for our children and our eldest is named Tristan Alexander.

We don't share name taste with my OHs family or my sister. My sister favour scandinavian names, none of which my OH likes (well she is scandinavian and lives there). My OHs family do like classic names - but are more out in names like George, Richard, Thomas, etc where we are out in Tristan, Noah, Theodore (they call it "posh classics" what we like, apparently).

We just always said oh yeah thats a nice name - we'll have a think about it and then kept our names to ourselves. Especially as every name we liked got the omg thats ugly or you can't do that to a child! Well you got your own children to name, I name mine! Simples.. :P
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicholas Cage's son is Kal-El.

If I ever have another baby I'm not going to talk names at all. My MIL suggested DH's father's name for the baby. Uh...no.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12