Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm from CA and I've never heard anyone named Harper. Interesting choice Harper Seven.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually do like the name Harper although I am surprised they didn't come up with something a little more unusal.
    I also strongly believe that they went HT for this baby. Posh has certainly been upfront about wanting a girl for all these years. And they have the money... so why wouldn't they have taken this path?? I'm sure they didn't want to publicize doing HT, so that's why the were stories about them swaying and the reference to the first ultrasound showing a boy.
    DS1 + DS2
    IVF/PGD (3 probe PCR + ICSI). BCP; Lucrin; Puregon (125). ER 31/08: 20 - 19 Mature - 14 Fertilized.
    Total of 5 HB embryos sent for PGD. Results: 3 XY + 2 XX OHSS risk = NT. 1st Natural FET 08/11/11.
    1st POAS 7dp5dt= BFP. 1st Beta 10dp5dt = 226; 2nd Beta 13dp5dt = 988; 3rd Beta 17dp5dt = 4392
    1st U/S 6w1d HB 113bpm. 2nd U/S 7w6d HB 165bpm

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, Harper has been the name I've wanted to use for my DD for well over 5 years now. If my 5YO had been a girl, I would've named her Harper Kirby. Now that so many celebrities are using it, I'm not sure I want to go that route. Lisa Marie Presley, Neil Patrick Harris, Tiffany Theissen…now Posh & Becks…it makes me sad.
    Mommy to 7 and 5, born 1/26/12!

Cycle 3 BFP with Dr. Lin @ RFC!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think choosing a name has to be one of the hardest decisions. Similar to Harper, I really like Harlow (which is Nicole Richie's daughters name). Good luck with choosing a name for your DD Winogurl
    DS1 + DS2
    IVF/PGD (3 probe PCR + ICSI). BCP; Lucrin; Puregon (125). ER 31/08: 20 - 19 Mature - 14 Fertilized.
    Total of 5 HB embryos sent for PGD. Results: 3 XY + 2 XX OHSS risk = NT. 1st Natural FET 08/11/11.
    1st POAS 7dp5dt= BFP. 1st Beta 10dp5dt = 226; 2nd Beta 13dp5dt = 988; 3rd Beta 17dp5dt = 4392
    1st U/S 6w1d HB 113bpm. 2nd U/S 7w6d HB 165bpm

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm right there with you Wino, I've wanted to name a DD Harper forever (it's my maiden name), but now I don't know--it makes me sad too!
    2000 2006 2009

Cycle #1 at RFC (antagonist protocol)
    6 eggs retrieved, 3 mature
    4 fertilized
    3 embryos sent to pgd (3 probe)
    1 normal boy, 2 abnormal girls-- no transfer

Cycle #2 at RFC (long lupron)
    17 eggs retrieved, 10 mature
    11 fertilized
    8 embryos sent to pgd (3 probe)-- 3 normal boys, 1 normal girl
    1 girl transferred--7dp5dt BFP!! Betas 9dp-52 11dp-153 13dp-417 15dp-851 16dp-283

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacforlulu View Post
    I'm right there with you Wino, I've wanted to name a DD Harper forever (it's my maiden name), but now I don't know--it makes me sad too!
    Use it! Your maiden name! Perfect!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the name Harper! It is on my short list
    Mom to and pregnant with through IVF/PGD. Thank you Dr. Lin!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really liked Harper if DS was a girl, but now I have met both baby boys and girls named Harper! Its one of those names I think a lot of people started to like at the same time. Its a nice strong girl name, but with a sort of soft meaning. I think of Harper Lee, so that's also a plus. I'm mixed about the Seven. I guess it has significance for them, but it also strikes me as a little demeaning to give a person a number as a name. If I had to pick a number to be a name, though, I guess Seven would be the prettiest. Or Eleven?
    and my HT

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Use it! Your maiden name! Perfect!
    Definitely!!!!!

I think we are going with it, Posh & Becks be darned. :P
    Mommy to 7 and 5, born 1/26/12!

Cycle 3 BFP with Dr. Lin @ RFC!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read something about the Seven, don't know if it was a quote from him or web speculation but they chose seven becasue it was lucky and reminded them of the seven colors of the rainbow, and don't people call the baby after a loss a rainbow baby? I wonder if here may be a hint of this in there somewhere?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast