Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could this be a chemical? Praying that it isn't...

I posted yesterday re: my BFP's on FRER and IC tests, that thread is here.
    I woke this morning, 17dpo and my breasts have stopped hurting completely. They have been unbelievably painful to the point that something brushing past them hurts A LOT. But this morning, not one bit of pain.
    It worried me so I took the 2nd FRER test in the box with FMU.
    The positive line came up fairly quickly but seems even weaker than yesterday's BFP.
    IC tests (10miu) are showing a super faint line that you really have to look for. I can't even get it to show up on camera.

Here are my 16dpo and 17dpo FRER tests, the 16dpo one is on top, 17dpo on bottom.

Should the tests be progressing and getting darker at this stage? I am 3 days late for AF. No spotting or cramping.
    I would have thought at this point the HCG would have increased enough to give a good strong positive on a test such as FRER.
    I feel so upset, got such a bad feeling.

Here in the UK we aren't able to have blood taken to check HCG levels as routine practice, when this happened before the Dr's seemed to have little to no knowledge of chemical pregnancies and have a 'just wait and see' attitude towards it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a chemical right before getting pregnant for this baby.
    I will be honest, my lines didn't get darker & then I started to bleed. So this time I watched the progression of the lines get darker...
    And I also was put on progesterone...I truly believe that was the key to my successful (fingers crossed...so far) pregnancy.

I know they don't test HCG routinely, but could you call & tell them you think your progesterone may be low?
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there, to be honest I have only studied sticks (and a lot) in the HT section, so they may be totally different, in the fact that we know how old the embryo is when we put it in and how many days exactly it is since transfer. Wheras with natural there are a lot of time differences that can occur,

For me though, at 16dpo, they do look a little light (sorry but it is my honest opinion), so I would think if this was a viable pregnancy then you possibly ovulated later than you thought or fertilisation may have taken a little longer. Which is totally normal (like I said HT is different so they are the only sticks i have good knowledge on)

With a line like that you can't expect it to get hugely dark the next day, HCG only doubles every 2 days, so at the moment your HCG say is 20, it will be 2 days till it gets to 40, then another 2 days to get to 80 and it is about now that you will get dark lines that get darker day by day.

I know it is hard, but the tests are not designed to tell us how pregnant we are but that we are pregnant. I have had chemicals too, so it is also that added stress of it.

The only thing you can do is wait and see, test with the same test at the same time of day with the same wee type. The top test will also get darker with time so you shouldn't compare the sticks over a day.

Good luck xo
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BeadinMom View Post
    I had a chemical right before getting pregnant for this baby.
    I will be honest, my lines didn't get darker & then I started to bleed. So this time I watched the progression of the lines get darker...
    And I also was put on progesterone...I truly believe that was the key to my successful (fingers crossed...so far) pregnancy.

I know they don't test HCG routinely, but could you call & tell them you think your progesterone may be low?
    It's friday afternoon so I am going to have to wait until monday morning to call my GP and pray nothing bad happens over the weekend. Thanks for your post, I will certainly mention the progesterone because I've just been reading up on signs/symptoms of low progesterone and I tick far too many boxes.
    Hope you don't mind me asking, but with your chemical how many DPO were you when you had a BFP?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Hey there, to be honest I have only studied sticks (and a lot) in the HT section, so they may be totally different, in the fact that we know how old the embryo is when we put it in and how many days exactly it is since transfer. Wheras with natural there are a lot of time differences that can occur,

For me though, at 16dpo, they do look a little light (sorry but it is my honest opinion), so I would think if this was a viable pregnancy then you possibly ovulated later than you thought or fertilisation may have taken a little longer. Which is totally normal (like I said HT is different so they are the only sticks i have good knowledge on)

With a line like that you can't expect it to get hugely dark the next day, HCG only doubles every 2 days, so at the moment your HCG say is 20, it will be 2 days till it gets to 40, then another 2 days to get to 80 and it is about now that you will get dark lines that get darker day by day.

I know it is hard, but the tests are not designed to tell us how pregnant we are but that we are pregnant. I have had chemicals too, so it is also that added stress of it.

The only thing you can do is wait and see, test with the same test at the same time of day with the same wee type. The top test will also get darker with time so you shouldn't compare the sticks over a day.

Good luck xo
    Thank you glory, please don't apologise for your honesty!
    Hubby is refusing to believe anything could be wrong but I just have this feeling in my gut. It has been 2 days since my original BFP at 15dpo, which I think was why I expected to see a lovely bold line this morning at 17dpo.
    I am just going to have to wait it out, as much as it is killing me
    Thanks again

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another FRER this morning with FMU was even an even lighter positive again.
    It's not looking good at all.
    No cramping and no spotting or bleeding, but lack of strong positives is heartbreaking

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had this with dd2, the lines were super light for ages, i had a scan at 6+1 which showed no baby at all and they told me to think about how i wanted to remove it (devastated!) but i insisted on another scan and 3 days later there was a bubba measuring 6+2 with a strong heartbeat, and she is currently fast asleep upstairs!

The day of the 6+1 scan i still had to wait a few seconds for the line to start showing, and it made me think the worst, which didnt help when they couldn't find anything, but as glory said, they are there to say you have hcg in your system, nothing else! And i got my bfp at 11dpo, so it doesnt matter if you get it early either!

When i had my chemical at 4+5 i didnt get a positive til 15dpo, but i woke up bleeding on 17dpo, after quite bad cramps on 16dpo. The tests didnt get lighter, i just bled. So i wouldnt take anything the tests 'say' unless they are still that light after a few weeks

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean.
    Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for sharing your story ribenaberry, what a lovely outcome!
    For every 10 stories I read that say their similar situation ended in a chemical, a reassuring positive story like this one appears and gives me hope.
    I am still getting very faint positives, much lighter than the original BFP 3 days ago.
    The fact that I have disappearing symptoms doesn't really go in my favour though, did you have experience with that?
    I know deep in my heart this is just a waiting game, but I'm finding it soooo hard! Hubby is in the mindset that the 5+ positive lines we have had are exactly that- positives. So as far as he is concerned, we are having a baby. I just feel like I'm waiting for the inevitable ending to happen.

Praying this bean is the stickiest of sticky beans!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Praying, too!!! <3
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With one mc the symptoms disappeared overnight, with another they didnt go til i had medical management, and my symptoms with the chemical were really strong until i bled. With dd1 i was car sick 24/7 but never sick, with dd2 i was sick twice but didnt feel ill all the time. So even in one person there is no answer in symptoms

I remember the helplessness i felt in just those 3 days, i drank loads!! I found a whole website dedicated to misdiagnosed miscarriages (so very sad) who'd been through the same as me. With the 2nd miscarriage i had to wait 3 weeks after the first scan before the nhs would do anything, at the time i just wanted it to be over, but after reading that i can see why they wait! (Sorry i digress!)

The only thing you can do is pray and wait, its horrible but accepting that you can't change the outcome brings a kind of peace - at least it did to me.

I still hope that bubba is growing strong in there!

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast