Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BFP two weeks after my miscarriage

I am happy to say I am pregnant again! After my loss on December 22 I had so many emotions about TTC again but I am now so happy we tried! The loss of my confirmed baby girl at 10+3 weeks was absolutely the worst thing I have ever had to endure- with that I learned a lot about myself and just how little control any of us have over our fate. I am wiser and stronger with this very early pregnancy and thankful I was so lucky to conceive so quickly as I know many are not so fortunate.

We did technically did sway for this attempt- loosely I suppose, as we didn't have much time before I ovulated to start anything too much. Praying this babe is penis free and healthy
    Last edited by 2boysJustOneGirl; January 9th, 2015 at 07:25 AM.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is it possible to have a BFP already? I apologize for not knowing all the details but if you lost the baby on the 22, did you have time to ovulate yet? Did you monitor your HCG back to zero after the miscarriage?

I hope it's a try BFP but that's really fast to lose one and immediately ovulate!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know! It seems crazy but apparently it has happened before. The miscarriage started on the 20th and I had a D&C on the 23rd. I spotted for a few days and ovulated right quick- the 30th or 31st according to symptoms. I had a negative preg test on Jan 1 or 2nd and a negative opk. I felt a lot of cramping on the 4th. 5th and 6th so I rechecked my OPK and Hcg and they were negative- I thought maybe I had ovulated at that time but I now I guess it was implantation.

I thinks this all happened so fast bc I believe the fetus died about 4-5 days before I started bleeding. So the hormones would have began to plummet at that point.
    Last edited by 2boysJustOneGirl; January 8th, 2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you ever use a FRER to gage your HCG going down? I only ask because my internet cheapie tests looked negative like your cheapies did, but then when I did a FRER it still looked like a 10dpo BFP like yours did, but I knew it was still left over HCG in my system. It's just that the FRER tests are sooo sensitive. And that was about 3 weeks after my 7 week miscarriage (AF came 35 days after m/c). My HCG was at 15 and then I O'd about a week later (confirmed with a +opk).

I'd get in right away to make sure your HCG is going up, to make sure it's indeed a new pregnancy.

Are your internet cheapie pregnancy tests positive and darker than before?

I've definitely heard of women getting pregnant 2 weeks after a miscarriage, but that's because they ovulate 2 weeks after their miscarriage, which means they'd get their BFP around 4 weeks after miscarriage.
    Last edited by essnce629; January 8th, 2015 at 11:48 PM.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big congrats honey soooo happy for you X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Did you ever use a FRER to gage your HCG going down? I only ask because my internet cheapie tests looked negative like your cheapies did, but then when I did a FRER it still looked like a 10dpo BFP like yours did, but I knew it was still left over HCG in my system. It's just that the FRER tests are sooo sensitive. And that was about 3 weeks after my 7 week miscarriage (AF came 35 days after m/c). My HCG was at 15 and then I O'd about a week later (confirmed with a +opk).

I'd get in right away to make sure your HCG is going up, to make sure it's indeed a new pregnancy.

Are your internet cheapie pregnancy tests positive and darker than before?

I've definitely heard of women getting pregnant 2 weeks after a miscarriage, but that's because they ovulate 2 weeks after their miscarriage, which means they'd get their BFP around 4 weeks after miscarriage.
    I know this seems so crazy and unlikely. If I didn't have all the symptoms of pregnancy I wouldn't believe it myself. I used hospital grade urine Hcg tests and they were negative on jan 1 and 2- they measure positive at 25 so they are fairly sensitive. Having said that you have raised many doubts for me so I am going to try get some bloodwork done before the weekend.

What's interesting about all this is I got my BFP around the time AF would normally have been due. I feel like my body speed cycled to get back on track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am praying for you 2boysjustonegirl!!! Please, please let there be a healthy, sticky bean that is pink in there 🙏!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XXforhubby; January 9th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now I am just freaking out. Maybe I am not pregnant?!? Could I be so stupid? And I was woken up last night at 3am with severe cramps that only lasted a few minutes by reminded me of my miscarriage! Now I am weeping and losing it. Anyway I spoke with my midwife- she is going to get blood drawn today and Sunday to assess my levels.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not stupidity, it does happen though. It's unusual (not impossible, just unusual) to get pg that quick afterwards and everyone just wants you to not get your hopes too high if this is just leftover HCG.

The thing iwth pg tests (urine) is that it is possible that sometimes your urine is just more dilute and it may register negative even when there's still hcg in your system. I hope that the blood tests confirm pregnancy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't feel stupid 2boys. I'm glad you are getting the blood tests to get it all sorted out. (((HUGS)))
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast