Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bfp (but paranoid!) - unhappy update page 3

Well we got our BFP over the weekend. I was sooooo scared of testing I put it off until 15dpo, LOL. Did a bunch of internet cheapie tests that were positive and got a nice dark FRER this morning (17dpo).

My clinic had me come in for a beta and prog test, and they said my RE was happy with the numbers! And yet I can't help but still fret that something's still going to go wrong. I even questioned my beta number, even though my RE was pleased and he's not at all the type to sugarcoat. So really I should be reassured, and yet I'm fretting!

I know why though - 3 years of trying, an early loss, having infertile friends and hearing so many sad endings, and spending time on infertility forums has all made me very cynical. I'm having a hard time being excited this time, I keep expecting things to go south! I guess after our difficulties with our HT try it has made me feel like we're fated to never have it end well.

Well at least I know that I *can* get pregnant again, LOL. I was really starting to wonder after almost 3 years of not even a BFP. So the plumbing still works!
    Last edited by LacePrincess; August 4th, 2015 at 07:04 AM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

2. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LacePrincess I think it's natural to worry & fret, I know I do!!

Huge Huge Congratulations on your BFP & on your good numbers I'm so happy for you.

Lots of sticky bean and happy & healthy pregnancy wishes to you!! I hope you start enjoying being pregnant really soon xx
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

4. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! This is the best news ever!!! I'm SO happy for you!

I understand how nervous you are. Hang in there sweetie! This is meant to be!

I seriously can't stop smiling!!

6. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Likes True Blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congratulations!!
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

8. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulations! Think happy thoughts!

10. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww, congrats on your BFP! I understand your worry - it took ages for me to conceive then had a couple of chemicals. I decided not to even bother getting my hopes up until I saw the heartbeat for myself. But he's here, 13 months old and fighting fit! FX for a h&h 9 months x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news! How many follicles did you see on u/s before trigger? Did you use a trigger? Congrats!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    LacePrincess I think it's natural to worry & fret, I know I do!!

Huge Huge Congratulations on your BFP & on your good numbers I'm so happy for you.

Lots of sticky bean and happy & healthy pregnancy wishes to you!! I hope you start enjoying being pregnant really soon xx
    Congrats to you too!

I dunno about 'good' numbers, lol. I keep googling and getting depressed my beta number isn't sky high. Though my RE seemed more pleased with my prog number, they said he looks for a good prog number because if it was a chemical the prog number would be the first to slip. I do realize that bhcg is more about doubling rates, but I turned down the offer to redo a bhcg in a week because, well, if it's not meant to be more tests isn't gonna change that.

Gah I think my problem is I've just been spending FAR too long on infertility boards so now I know far too much about how it can all go wrong! I'm not sure I'm going to be able to enjoy anything until at least the first scan.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

14. Thanks True Blue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay!! Fab news lace!! Sooo happy for you xxx

16. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Lace I am kind of 'ignoring' the fact that I am 6wks - not going to get too excited until I have the Harmonie test results in my hand saying everything is healthy etc. So far it's been easy as I am still feeling ok, so I am just getting on with things.
    Best of luck to you in the coming weeks and I hope the time flies for you for your first scan.

Unsuccessful HT attempt March 2015

Sway baby August 2015 @ 8 weeks **testing revealed it was a (Trisomy 16)

Chemical pregnancy start of Nov 2015

Hoping for a soon - like REALLY soon!!!

18. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast