Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

DD Lillian's Birth Story

Lillian was born two weeks early on Sept 3rd 2012. She was due on the 16th of Sept. I had been having braxton hicks contractions off and on for weeks, and had been told at work numerous times every day that I wasn't making it until my Sept 12th scheduled c-section. For some reason, the comments annoyed me and I kept telling everyone, "No, I'll last, I don't go early." Famous last words, huh?

I was scheduled to work until the 7th, and train the fill-in at work for the last three days I was there. Well, Lillian had other plans--ironically, she was concieved on Christmas Day 2011 and decided to arrive on a holiday, Labor Day! The irony is not lost on me, lol.

After having contractions all night long and only two hours of sleep, I woke my DH up at 8 am and told him it was "time." I had called his Mom around 5 am but she didn't show up until 7 am because she didn't really believe it was the real thing. Her doubt made me doubt myself, and I had to keep reminding myself what I was experiencing WAS real, and that I had to trust my gut. (Which funny enough, I sometimes have issues with; even if I believe I know something, if someone doubts me, it makes me have to think it through again, and question myself.)

Anyway, I blabbed to my husband on the drive to the hospital about how I was pretty sure this was it, but of course I couldn't be 100% sure. He kept saying, "well if you're in pain, and it's regular, it's probably the real thing."

Once we arrived, they hooked me up to the baby monitor and checked for contractions. Within minutes, I had confirmation that I was definitely laboring. They checked me and I was dilated, but not by much. Since I'd need a c-section, they started prepping me to get me ready for it. I was really tired from no sleep, and since the drugs always make me tired, I started to dread how much more exhuasted the drugs would make me. I tried to remind myself that this is what I had been dreaming about for months, meeting my daughter at long last, but all I felt was tired and scared of the c-section. I started remmebering the discomfort from my 2nd c-section, and unfortunately, I just felt numb and worried about the surgery.

She was born at 11:12 am, with a very loud sharp "siren" cry. She got very angry when they checked her temperature. They showed me her right after she was born and she was bawling so loudly I couldn't really see who she looked like. I was so out of it from all the drugs that I really didn't even care that I had just had a baby. They handed her to my husband and as I got a chance to look her over, she just looked like such a little alien. I held her, and then discovered after lifting her pink and blue cap up, she had really dark hair--that was another surprise. My sons had brown hair at birth, but the hair fell out and came in blonde later...her hair is definitely the darkest I've had.

She's the easiest baby I've had, as far being really peaceful and good, and not crying except if she's hungry and or poopy diaper, but the worst delivery, as far as recovery goes. I had the worst headache of my life for three days and it really interfered with my enjoyment of my sweetheart. Now that my strength is coming back, I am finally able to enjoy having my daughter.
    2012-09-12 13.33.15.jpg

DS2 and Lillian
    2012-09-11 20.30.26.jpg

2012-09-039519.28.34.jpg

First Dress
    2012-09-11 20.32.10.jpg
    Last edited by auroara78; November 26th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's beautiful Auroara. I hope you're feeling better now and that your headache has shifted x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is such a little doll, and man I would kill for those lips

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww....Auroara, she is absolutely GORGEOUS!! What a beautiful baby!!
    So excited for you, your DH and those sweet big brothers.
    Sorry it was such a difficult delivery...I've had 3 C-sections, too...I think it gets worse with each subsequent one.
    BUT I am so happy you're getting your strength back to be able to enjoy her.
    Happy to hear she's as good as she is pretty
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery!! ♥
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations she's beautiful
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is gorgeous! And so is big brother; he's definitely going to be a heartbreaker.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! A day later after my son
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my she is just beautiful hun!!!
    What a birth storey. So sorry to hear you didn't have the best recovery =(
    I hope you are doing well now though.
    She looks like your DS2 going by those pictures! just gorgeous
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So nice to read your story, auroara. She's an absolute beauty, and I'm so happy you're feeling well enough now to enjoy her.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast