Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was such a COOL birth story!!!!! I've always been interested in a home water birth. Although I have sunny side up facing babies and HORRIBLE back labor!!!! I've needed to get an epidural now twice, so I don't think I would be able to do it with no drugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a wonderful birth!!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelpicnic View Post
    That was such a COOL birth story!!!!! I've always been interested in a home water birth. Although I have sunny side up facing babies and HORRIBLE back labor!!!! I've needed to get an epidural now twice, so I don't think I would be able to do it with no drugs
    Thank you!!
    You'd be amazed at what a pool filled with warm water can do for back labour!! I've had back labour for 2 of my births as well(one sunny side up) and without natures epidural(birth pool) I would have been screaming for drugs! LOL
    Do you labours last a long time? I found being upright in the pool really made my labour go fast so who knows! You might be able to do it...especially when there is no access to the drugs I find it easier to cope because I know that I HAVE to. Never say never! Waterbirth is incredible!! xo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    What a wonderful birth!!!
    Thank you!

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    A woman can birth however she wants to! Don't let your scar determine how you birth
    Unfortunately, it depends on where you live.

My one and only option is hospital, lying on my back because that is how ALL the hospitals in the country are doing it. There is some "experimental" program in the capital (water birth, huge experiment, huh?) for which they charge an arm and a leg for. LOL!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing story!

Thankyou so much for sharing
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Unfortunately, it depends on where you live.

My one and only option is hospital, lying on my back because that is how ALL the hospitals in the country are doing it. There is some "experimental" program in the capital (water birth, huge experiment, huh?) for which they charge an arm and a leg for. LOL!
    But if you really wanted to do it differently it is your RIGHT to say no. You really do have the power to birth however you want to. I wish all women knew that they could say no to certain procedures, tests, birthing positions...we think that we have to because a Dr says we do....it's just not true! If lying on your back is not what you want, it's your right to say no. If a woman with a scar walks in pushing, in the hospital, and refuses a c-section(and knows her rights and states that out loud) they cannot force that woman to have a section. (as a side note- I know that this has actually happened in the States which is disgusting!!). Anyway, I'd say it doesn't matter where you live, a woman can birth however she wants...and if she really wants to do it a certain way she should find a birth supporter to be at home with her so she can do so. Can I ask where you live? It sounds like Hungary....

Our beautiful is here!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Thank you!!
    You'd be amazed at what a pool filled with warm water can do for back labour!! I've had back labour for 2 of my births as well(one sunny side up) and without natures epidural(birth pool) I would have been screaming for drugs! LOL
    Do you labours last a long time? I found being upright in the pool really made my labour go fast so who knows! You might be able to do it...especially when there is no access to the drugs I find it easier to cope because I know that I HAVE to. Never say never! Waterbirth is incredible!! xo

Thanks for being so encouraging Doula! My first labor was 16hours and my 2nd was 12hours. I talked to my DH about it last night, he seemed to think based on the kind of labors I've had that it might not be a good idea. DS2 got stuck because he was 9lbs. and had wide shoulders, he started turning blue and the MW called for the a cardiologist to come immediately. Luckily by the time the cardiologist came and after the MW and nurses palpitated my uterus, he came flying out! Anyway, maybe I will do some more research on it and have my DH do it with me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're right about us having the option to say no to things... I think a lot of women feel pressured into doing certain things, but in reality if they lay a finger on you to try and force something on you they can be found guilty of assault (in this country, anyway). If you insist on standing up, they can't force you to lie down, they can just advise it. If you insist on being at home for the birth, they HAVE to find the MWs to cover your birth if you want them there.

That's something I learnt from my first birth - to stand up for myself because I think often my body's instinct knows best.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelpicnic View Post
    Thanks for being so encouraging Doula! My first labor was 16hours and my 2nd was 12hours. I talked to my DH about it last night, he seemed to think based on the kind of labors I've had that it might not be a good idea. DS2 got stuck because he was 9lbs. and had wide shoulders, he started turning blue and the MW called for the a cardiologist to come immediately. Luckily by the time the cardiologist came and after the MW and nurses palpitated my uterus, he came flying out! Anyway, maybe I will do some more research on it and have my DH do it with me too.
    Some questions....were you in bed with an epi? Stuck shoulders is seen WAY more when moms are on their backs unable to open their hips and use gravity. When you say stuck, how long was he on the perineum for? A true dystocia isn't very easy to dislodge so if he came flying out with just palpation then I would say that he was a bit sticky at the shoulders. I've talked to my midwife about babies getting stuck and out of all the true dystocias they've seen, only 2 were homebirths/natural births. All the rest were because of positioning or Dr's not letting the head turn after birth before the shoulders were born(called restitution). If it's something that you're really interested in, you need to look at why the those problems happened in the first place. Most birth issues can be traced back to the interventions that took place. I would also talk to a CPM(midwife) about your births as she'd have tons of info for you (There are so many amazing MW's in Cali

After all the issues we had with our first DS, my hubby was very hard to talk to when it came to birthing options. We did tons of research and discovered that my sons problems were caused by the hospital It's sometimes nicer to not know...but I'm so glad we found out about other options (hugs)
    xo

Our beautiful is here!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast