Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Some questions....were you in bed with an epi? Stuck shoulders is seen WAY more when moms are on their backs unable to open their hips and use gravity. When you say stuck, how long was he on the perineum for? A true dystocia isn't very easy to dislodge so if he came flying out with just palpation then I would say that he was a bit sticky at the shoulders. I've talked to my midwife about babies getting stuck and out of all the true dystocias they've seen, only 2 were homebirths/natural births. All the rest were because of positioning or Dr's not letting the head turn after birth before the shoulders were born(called restitution). If it's something that you're really interested in, you need to look at why the those problems happened in the first place. Most birth issues can be traced back to the interventions that took place. I would also talk to a CPM(midwife) about your births as she'd have tons of info for you (There are so many amazing MW's in Cali

After all the issues we had with our first DS, my hubby was very hard to talk to when it came to birthing options. We did tons of research and discovered that my sons problems were caused by the hospital It's sometimes nicer to not know...but I'm so glad we found out about other options (hugs)
    xo
    Hey Doula, sorry I'm just now getting responding to this post. I've been bumbed since I finally realized that I didn't O when I thought I did! I'm still having O symptoms and it seems that my body is having a hard time. Hate to sound like a " Debbie Downer " but I feel that I just can't catch a break! I feel like I will never be able to get my timing right! I feel like the months are just flying by. I didn't want my 2nd and 3rd kids to be far apart.

Anyhow, enough complaining, I talked to my DH about my DS2 delivery. He said that the MW did wait for is head to turn before having me continue to push. Infact he said that they had a little discussion about it. I thought this was funny because he LOVES asking questions.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a nice story!! thanks for sharing

Can I ask why you think Zivic story sounds like Hungary?
    In Hungary you can have a birth what ever way you like. There are birth centers , home births , water births in the hospital if you like, you can have epidural no need to schedule it ahead, or natural birth and no1 yells at you. In some hospitals they even have natural birth rooms where you can labor any way you like.Hang on rope or on jungle jim on the wall.Give birth on a birthing chair.You can bring your own music and candles and they even let you open a champagne and toast after the birth! Now where is all this here in the US??And after a c/s they want you to have a vaginal birth and not another c/s like here in the US.They also don't automatically put you up for a c/s with twins.
    My SIL is in Hungary and she got twins with natural birth in the hospital.
    I guess we are the ones behind here.
    Like me I had a home vbac because they just wanted to do automatic c/s after DD3. Ummm no thank you.
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's been awhile since you've posted this, but thank you SO MUCH. I got teary-eyed several times reading it. I thought I remembered DS2's homebirth as if it was yesterday, but I realized that there are so many details that you miss... this post brought it all back, and it inspired me to write my own memories down as a result.

xoxo Doulamama, thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ribbons- Your post made me smile. I'm glad my story has triggered your birth memories...I can't wait to read your story, if you plan on sharing it with us xo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just beautiful.

I aimed to have my 2nd (after a trumatic first birth) unassisted, but i didnt have the guts, so i went to the hospital but kicked everyone out and lied about how i was feeling so i could be alone, yet have the buzzer there to press if i needed too. Was an amazing experience.
    DD1 DD2 We tried out luck for a but the universe has given us 3 of a kind. Thats a win!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123