Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundtheworld View Post
    The most common thing we hear from people in public is, "Well you've definitely got your hands full!" And I always smile and say, "We definitely do! And we like having them full!" Or, "Yes, full of good things!" That's usually followed by the stranger commenting with, "Certainly!" Or something to that effect. .
    Will need to use the "full of good things" reply love it!
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In Ireland when I was growing up 3 was seen as a small family any less was seen as infertility or risky pregnancies. All of my friends have at least 3 siblings. I have 5 sisters and DH has 6 sisters. Nobody would bat an eyelid at it. It was normal then. I think now 3-4 is the normal size with a fair few stopping at 2 if they have the pigeon pair (my sis is one). I however would love to have 5 and DH has always said 6 or 7. But I think that will depend on how my next birth goes as I had a c-section last time due to long labour with DD being OP position, so I need to avoid it if I can next time

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in Canada and in our community which is of mediterranean decent 2-3 kids is the norm. Couples have 3 if the first 2 are same gender. My DH's uncle who is married but has children,told my husband not to have any more kids after we had G-B.
    Here boys are preferred but every family needs at least one girl b/c daughters take care of their parents when they get old b/c daughter in laws can be evil.I guess every culture/ethnicity has its own views/ideas about gender.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love hearing how different and similar things are geographically. I just read Unnatural Selection:Choosing Boys Over Girls (kind of a historical documentary on the history to present day of gender desire) Anyway, really interesting the last ch. discusses present day U.S. which states a whopping 80% desire for girls when looking at the gender selection PGD stats.

Anyway, Inglewood- I am actually an identical twin-absolutely LOVE it! MY sister and I have had all our kids close in age and we actually live 2 miles from each other. It has been a wonderful experience. And you're right, identical twins are just a fluke when the egg splits. Also, really interesting. If the egg splits on day 6 after conception both kids will have the same dominant hand. If it's on day 9 the egg has already determined a right and left side so you will end up with mirror image twins. One is right hand dominant, the other left. Also, more idetical twins are girls than boys. I don't know why that one is.

Interestingly, even though there is no hereditary or gene for it, I have 3 sets of identical twin cousins-weird, right. 2 sets girls, 1 set boys. GL, I imagine you have your hands full now

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    N710 that is really interesting! Thanks for sharing!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was some Discovery Channel "In the Womb" series about twins, really interesting actually

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 are the norm in my fam and neigjborhood except both sets of grandparents had 6 and 7. Now dh's family are very different. They seem to be trying to have as many as they can. But they are from another country so I'm thinking its a cultural thing to have big families there (Hispanic)
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say the average where I live is 3 kids. However I am throwing off the average by being pregnant with my 5th I am definitely completely crazy and ready for psychiatric evaluation lol!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say America is more open to big families when they are viewing them as circus freaks on a reality show. It's pathetic really. Everyone is sooo interested in the Duggar family and watch the show but then talk poorly of them in real life. Granted they have 19 kids which is a bit over the top but in general here in America, anyone with more than 3 kids gets stares at the stores...at least where I live. I plan on having four kids and that's not a crazy amount but I will likely get comments about it from strangers. Personally I think people should mind their own business :-)
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I did not mean they are actual circus freaks. Americans just seem to like to be in everyone's business and scrutinize them like circus freaks. I realize how bad my post sounded, haha!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast