IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spend the nights

I hate them.

My eldest is nearing 10 and I saw one of her school friends the other day with a girl that I did not know but was the same age. She had a full face of makeup on and short shorts. You dont dress that way at that age for any other purpose than chasing boys! I asked my DD if she went to school with them. She doesn't.

My DD has spent the night at the school friend's home before and it was a group thing and I don't think that girl was there but it got me thinking about next school year and how to handle spend the nights going forward. I see what's coming and I just want to keep it at bay for as long as we can.

What is your policy on STN's? It seems to me that after 10, it may not be a wise choice and I think I will be the mom that picks her child up late when the others are staying the night. Why can't everyone just go home and sleep in their own beds?!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know I'll do as a parent cause I don't think they're necessary... But I had a lot when I was a kid and it was because they were FUN!!! I couldn't get enough of my closest friends esp in the summer and u just don't want it to end! Idk what I'm going to do as I'm not there yet! I do like the idea of more kids then less for some reason though?!?

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not there yet either, so not sure how I'll feel about it or handle it. If you're uncomfortable with DD spending the night away, maybe offer her the option of hosting the sleepover at your place, that way it's more in your control and she doesn't miss out on the fun. If it's always the same group of girls and you get to know them then you might feel more comfortable letting her stay over at one of the other girls' houses.

But short shorts and full makeup at 10? Yuck!
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm dreading it too unless it's a relative or I'm very good friends with the family. Too many weirdos out there!!
    and coming end of November!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope no sleep overs to anybody's house except families. I do and will let her host sleepovers and girls parties at our house and under my supervision. I am what pple call me a strict mom, I don't see it though
    2006 2010
    baby boy is here 06/26/2013 after 2 IVF cycles 1 FET

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was not allowed at sleepovers unless my mom met both parents and approved when i was younger.And actually now that i remember i was only allowed to 2 of my friends for sleepovers,one was a single mother with 2 girls,and the other father travelled and the mom was usually only home,so my mother was very cautious of Men and older brothers i wasnt allowed to.Which i will probably do the same
    Be careful not to let your daughter see you dont like this girl though because ,it might backfire,and make her want to be around her more some day.But ya! ouch 10 is too early to be acting that way,scary how the age is getting soo much younger !
    I agree with the PP's about hosting at your own house,but guaranteed she will want the fun of going to someone elses after,i would just really check up on the friend she wants to sleepover at..
    And i would be just as wary with family too,most cases where there are weirdos are actually close family..