Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    I want a boy, and I'm almost sure it's because:
    -the way I was brought up
    -cultural influences

Boys are more appreciated here, if you don't have at least one, you failed as a mom ( like me, for instance )
    With 3 girls. DH and I are going to be easy targets for all kinds of nasty comments. Even our closest relatives have already started to share their ( unwanted and idiotic ) opinions about all girls family.
    For me it is this, although not that my own mom and favored boys over girls it is actually the opposite, but it is the WHOLE culture, boys are favored to a certain extent. In addition to this:
    1) my father, brothers are just AWSOME sons, very loving caring funny just would do ANYTHING to make their Moms happy.

2) We are the ONLY married couple in both families( mines and DH) who don't have a son, whenever all the guys go out for games my husband is the only one with no son
    2006 2010
    baby boy is here 06/26/2013 after 2 IVF cycles 1 FET

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This sounds super stupid, but I really do want to buy all the frilly clothes and the ribbons. It seems that when I go shopping the store is 3/4 girls stuff and 1/4 boys things. I'm kind of sick of all the blue. I'm sad to think I'll never say, "my daughter and I...."

This may be my imagination, but it seems as though I'm treated like a failure because I have boys. Whenever someone asks me, "what are you having?" and I say, "my fourth boy," they look at me like I'm nuts. This is an absolutely true story--when I had DS3 I was lying in the hospital bed resting. He had been born maybe 15 minutes before, and all the nurses were still in the room. My sister came in with her daughter, her only child. I say this not just because she's my niece, but because it's true, but she is beautiful. She's probably one of the prettiest little girls I've ever seen. She was about three at the time.

Anyway, I swear, when she walked the nurses actually LEFT my son, and went to oooh and aaah over how pretty my niece is, and how gorgeous her dress was, and how nice she was...blah, blah, blah. It hurt so bad. It still does. I don't want to be jealous, but it just seemed like DS3 was forgotten.

It's so hard for me to face that I'll never have a little girl. I just can't believe it.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about your gd, Yuzu! You are not alone. People can be so insensitive, and I think we women often gravitate towards the glitter and cuteness of a baby girl. But in the hospital room, come on people!! I went to a restaurant with my week old ds2 (along with ds1 and hubby) and the waittress peeked, smiling into the baby carrier, and made a big frowny face when she saw his little tiny face. She said, "oh, another boy...maybe next time you'll get a girl!" I'll never forget it, and she'll probably never remember it. I pray that when you see your little guy's cherub face it takes away any disappointment. I've heard several women say their last baby was their (secret of course) favorite...maybe it took the drive for a girl to keep you going for #4 or you would've totally missed out on someone you didn't know just how desperately you needed! XO

PS, we would've made great queens in the olden days.
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mocha-I totally agree with the adult girl relationship dynamic. Congratulations on your dream come true!
    12.24.08 4.13.10 third and last. It is nice being queen of my castle but would love to add a princess.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

After 12 months ttc, taking a little sanity break. Fx to all of the dear ladies on here in the meantime.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you live? I should move there. It's the opposite in my neck of the woods (Central Florida, US) Maybe we should do a cultural exchange, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    I want a boy, and I'm almost sure it's because:
    -the way I was brought up
    -cultural influences

Boys are more appreciated here, if you don't have at least one, you failed as a mom ( like me, for instance )
    With 3 girls. DH and I are going to be easy targets for all kinds of nasty comments. Even our closest relatives have already started to share their ( unwanted and idiotic ) opinions about all girls family.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, the bathing suits. Forgot that one. The little ruffle bottoms, just makes my heart HURT.
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoobananas View Post
    I don't know! When I ask myself, I just don't know! I don't know if it's the because she'll be the same sex as me or because as a kid my dad always did 'boy' stuff with my brother that I couldn't go to cause I was a girl and it still hurts me and now my husband likes to go on boys camping trips... Which I appreciate and try to take advantage of but still it stings a bit. I swore whe I had a little girl I would let her shave her legs when she was ready ( my mom held me back) and when my sister had her 1st boy I bought a girl swEater and for some reason I knew I never would have one (I wasn't even close to having a kid then) so I don't know why I bought it... Maybe to keep the dream alive?
    I think I'll be ok without knowing what a girl is but then their pigtails and little bathing suits draw me back in. I just want to know what it's like
    Great thread idea btw

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    I love how he tells me I'm his very best friend.
    Goosebumps. Again. You write so eloquently. Thank you for this, love your posts.

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yuzu
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always wanted a mixed family of two girls and two boys.

I have always got on great with boys growing up 3 of my best friends are boys (Luckly two are married to women who get that men and women can be just friends) I am also very close to my dad and I would love to have a son to carry on his name. On the other hand I am from an all girl family - 5 sisters and I get on great with them and I definatly want my DD to have a sister in the future.

I am swaying blue this time just to prove that I can have a DS (fingers crossed) because I got a lot of comments about how I couldn't possibly have anything other then a girl when pregnant with DD as she has 11 aunts and no (biological) uncles. And also to get me a step closer to my ideal family.

And I also think the boys clothes are so cute and delightfully practical as a lot of the girls clothes are overly fussy and DD usully ends up getting mad and trying to pull of the dresses.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to experience both genders. But I'm not going to lie, the super cute girl clothes are appealing too
    and coming end of November!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast