Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in for a week. I lost too much blood and baby needed light therapy.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok - I'm going to go against the grain here and say I was Sooooo happy I got to go home a mere 2 hours after ds3 was born. It was a VBAC in the hospital with quite a substantial episiotomy. It was completely my choice - if I had wanted they would have let me stay 24 hours or so. But after the c-section with my twins I had to stay for almost a whole week and I hated every second of it, so I was desperate to get out of there the second time around.

That being said, it would not have been possible if my mother had not been able to travel here to help care for my other kids while I recovered.

With this baby I plan to come home ASAP as well. My Mom arrives tomorrow, and she'll stay a week it so to do school pick-ups and drop-offs, cook meals and do laundry.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    with my older two they make you stay I think 24-72 hours? But my youngest I had in a freestanding birth center (in other words, a REAL birth center, versus them trying to give a fancy name to the L&D of a hospital) and I got to leave as soon as I felt like it, probably withing like 2 hours or so.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stayed around 48 hours both times and couldn't wait to get out of there. Next time if i have a hospital birth i'll come home within a few hours. I would rather be comfortable and be able to relax in my own home, hopefully i'll be able to get family to help out with the other kids, house work etc so I can just relax and worry about the baby.

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    6 hours????? Are they insane???? No wonder you were felling dizzy, with 3 kids + newborn to take care.

I was all like oh poor me they are letting me go after 36 hour, how I'm going to survive lol!
    But after 6 hours.....You are one tough mama
    The dizziness came weeks after the birth not straight away! 6 hours was my own choice and I could have stayed if I wanted but I didn't want to. I had no drugs, no stitches etc. and a DH to take care of the other kids and the house. I was buzzing the day I had her! I should add that in England the community midwife visits you at home for around 2 weeks after giving birth so it's not like you're discharged and forgotten about!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend had a baby by c section yesterday morning in the uk in surrey and has just been sent home !!! shocking if u ask me after such major suregery
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow 1 day after a c/s is crazy! Here it's 4 nights

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to stay in 24 hours because Strep b, otherwise I would have left after 6 hours. I hate hospitals I think the average is 2-3 days for a first time v delivery and 5 days for a C. Maybe 3 days if it is your first baby.Providing everything runs smoothly with mummy and baby!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first son was a c section and I stayed 5 nights. It was horrid and I hate it so damn much!!!

Second son. I had him at 830pm
    And was discharged midday the next day. I really wanted to come home to my 20 month old! I had never been away from him that long before.

Next baby I want to stay in there atleast two nights if I can. I want to see a lactation nurse and make sure bf is all going ok.
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I left after barely 24 hours, no complications and had a very short labour.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast