Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here in The Netherlands most woman deliver at home. I didn't want to deliver at home because it scares me and you can't get any pain relieves. So I delivered in the hospital. If you have a vaginal birth then you can go home after a few hours. If you have a c section you go home after 2 or 3 days. At home you get from the insurance 7 days 8 hours a day help with the baby and the houshold from a lady. So you don't have to do anything. She cooks, clean and take care of the baby if you like or can't.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First time I stayed in hospital for 5 days because of a bad tear and haemorrhaging.

Second time I stayed in hospital for 3 days, for the same reasons as first time, but I had better care second time and recovered faster.

I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed my days in hospital as it gave me time to bond with my baby on my own. Especially second time!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS 2 i stayed in for 3 hours and 2 of those were because they had a lot of paperwork to fill in - I only arrived 3 minutes before he was born ;-S

i'd like a home birth next time don't tell dh i might have to pretend it was an accident!

get me outta there asap is my manta!
    Last edited by fish2012; October 29th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am an oddball as well as loving my time in the hospital, esp. this last time. My 3rd c-section and it was too close from DS2's c-section (no one said anything, they said everything looked fine, but my body felt it so hard.) I loved the time in the hopsital with DD alone, and I enjoyed when my older sons "visited"...

the first few days home I was a wreck. My happy over-elation over having DD passed once I got home and reality set in, and I had a wicked headache for about a week after she was born, where I didn't even much enjoy her, and def. not the boys or anyone else. I just wanted to sleep or be left alone. And it shocked me because I didn't think I'd feel that way since I had just had my DG! But then once I realized it had nothing to do with my love for my kids, it was all hormones, it really helped my recovery, and I just kept telling myself to take it one day at a time, and it was def. better by a month. Now, two months out, I feel a ton better. But everytime I have a baby, the panic of taking care of the baby, the looming dread of sleepless nites, the up and down emotions...I don't remember any of that until I'm back holding a newborn baby again.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 days after vag.birth and 3 days after c-section.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For my first I only stayed 2 days and wished I had stayed longer as we ended up having to go back in due to a bad case of jaundice. With my 2nd I stayed the recommended 4 days and was really happy with it- I had tearing so it was great to have the electric bed for nursing, and to have the bathroom only a few steps away. Plus I was able to sleep when the baby slept instead of having to entertain my older son or hear him in the background. For the next one I would also stay 3-4 days, I really enjoyed the hospital time and wouldn't have a problem if we still stayed a week like in the past
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234