Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so horrible Atomic, I would make the appt and then pretend I had it put in!
    muhahaha
    But I loved your response to her anyway!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    omg butterfly, I had the same thought muahhahah! Devious minds, I know!

I am so terrible (yes, this is awful to admit) that if I really do decide I want a 4th a few years from now, but DH is hesistant, I'm just going to do the diet and supps and seduce him....and we'll have another "opps" (DS1 and 2 were opps, but they were truly accidents!)

I think the "opps" approach also depends on how your husband would take it. My husband is a BIG believer in destiny/fate so if we were to have an opps, he would be totally OK because he would feel like the baby was meant to be here.

The better approach is obviously to talk it out, let him know how much it means to you, maybe ask if he could just postpone the vasetomcy? My husband was against number 2 for a long time (money, etc) and I just kept talking to him about my desires for more children.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 sons and used bribery to get my 4th - My hubby has always wanted a sports car since we had to sell our first one when our first son was born so i said if he got my pregnant he could go get one on finance !!! After our 12 week scan i think he will be dragging me around show rooms !! An expensive way to do it as will be paying for it for ever but will be worth it if i get my daughter !!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL mum, prob TMI but my hubby is promised something in the bedroom if he gives me a little girl - keeping him interested and doesn't cost as much as a car
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_P View Post
    LOL mum, prob TMI but my hubby is promised something in the bedroom if he gives me a little girl - keeping him interested and doesn't cost as much as a car
    id give my dh a little something in the bedroom every night if i get my little girl... might live to regret that... hope so!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    I think you should to him more or even write him a letter. Personally I don't think you should go ahead without his consent, it's dishonest and will put strain on your marriage. I could never go against something so important.
    I realise I am probably in the minority here - but I'm on the same side of the fence as Northern_Shutterbug.

Whilst I understand the desire and longing you have, and can appreciate that it must be awfully painful, it doesn't seem to make it right to force or trick DH into something if he is dead against it just to satisfy your own desires.

I appreciate that it would be a very hard situation - one that i will probably find myself in in the future (I'm pregnant with our second, i want a 3rd, DH is dead against a third, and wants the snip) but i cannot imagine doing something against his expressed will.

I think you should talk to him more, maybe a letter, maybe even counselling, but certainly not doing something if he has expressed that he doesn't want it.

As someone said - some DH's are happy with 'oops' babies, and that different again....but if your dh is so against any more that he wants to have a vasectomy then its obvious its something he feels strongly about.

Try and put yourself in the other shoes, how would you feel, if he went ahead and did something that you were adamantly against? Lets say he went ahead and got the vasectomy, without telling you upfront, just came home one day and said "honey i've had the snip" - knowing full well that you are dead against it...how would that make you feel? Because he would probably feel a similar way if you announce you are pregnant when he has made it clear he doesn't want anymore children.

As you say, I am sure that he would love the child regardless, of course he would - but would he ever love you the same again?

Try speaking to him, it might take time for him to come around, but surly its better to get to where you want to get to going down that path, rather then the other path...
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so ladies this is what i'm thinking at the moment and it might sound a little crazy if i do the accident thing its something i would never tell him that i trick him into it sometime i say what he doesnt no won't hurt him if he new the of course he would feel betrayed but telling him wouldn't never be on the cards he never wanted dd4 either i like butterfly_spirit and auroara 78 are thinking and if he was ever to get the snip behind my back and never told me i would be none the wiser he wouldn't be smart enough to do that anyway

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i reckon talking to him or bribing him (in a non malicious way obviously!) is the way forward not an oops. Mine was dead set against a 3rd and a 4th but i have talked him round with an added little guilt trip (you have sons, i don't have daughters...sob) added in and now we are going forwards together.... feels better this way.
    Last edited by deaks66; September 30th, 2012 at 04:38 AM.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know with my husband if he is dead set against something otherwise a no is not really a no, its more of a maybe and depends on how dead set am i. At the end of the day whilst i would never go behind his back (unless i knew he really would be ok with it) you also have to consider how you'd feel never trying again. If its something thats that important to you its unfair of him to just dismiss it saying no, there should at least be some discussion.

After our dog died (his first proper pet) my hubby said no more, there too expensive, we have all the kids it would be a risk as other dog was soooo good with them and its too hard. But i have always had a pet and it mean't a lot to me. Although he said i no i looked anyway and found our lovely little spaniel girl, his no eventually went to i'll go and have a look and the moment he saw her he feel in love with her and we brought her home that day. Point is i know with him if its really a no or not. If its something that means that much to you work on him first before you do anything you may regret (or he does something) a realistic idea of a baby (esp if a friend has one etc) is different from the thoughts of one, get him broody x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think i will talk to him again to see if we can agree or not i'm say i'm feeling a little guilty or ready and i haven't done any think yet but i do no that i need to a least give ttc a little boy or my heart will always ache and i will hold dh somewhat response able for it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast