Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

at what age will you stop having kids (or did you)?

Just curious. I know a lot of people want to be done by a certain age. I worry more about wanting just one more before I'm too old (stopping too soon) . . . I had my first just before I turned 26 and am now 32. I'm thinking I'll have my last when I'm 33.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very happy I was done at 35. Now this is coming from someone who got their dream gender. If I had not had him and was still trying, I doubt I would care.

Having said that, I did start doing the math of how old I would be when he graduated from HS, etc. 54. I love my kids and I never want them to move out of state but I do not fear(yet) the time when they are all standing on their own.

I love my husband and I look forward to the time that we will have together to do what we want- travel, golf, just whatever we want to do when we want.

We have friends that are well educated, he has a great job, she's a SAHM and they have 4 kids of which the oldest I think finally turned 5! 4 kids, although a set of twins, but 4 kids under 5!. They both just turned 30! So, I look at them and think, dang, they'll be young and in their 40's when their kids are in college, etc and have tons of time to do stuff, help with grandkids, look good still at their weddings-ha! Seriously, though, I don't think if I did things over I would do that but I see the appeal.

So, I think it depends on circumstances since most on here are still hoping for their DD or DS but gee at 33, you are still really young to me!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No idea!!! I am 28 this year and have 4 already and I know I want at least another 1, maybe even 2 :P
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stopped at 39, when I got my DG. 4 was the max for me.
    3 's & baby on the 3rd try of MS/IVF/PGD at GIVF

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow- hopefully I'll stop here at 35 with 2. But compared to everyone I know we are the youngest parents! I had my DS at 33 and it was like we were babies having babies. I have an acquaintance who had her first (twin girls) at 50. I go to playgrounds and to most of the women I look like the nanny! I'll be old when my kids leave the house, but on the other hand I had a really fun decade after college working on my career and traveling and having adventures then.
    and my HT

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a weird perspective on this because I had two at 21 and 25 and then my last two at 37 and 39. I didn't plan it that way, I would much rather have been DONE at 35 but honestly it hasn't been too bad. I am def. more patient than I was with my first two and a lot less worried about how they were developing and stuff like that. Less energy!

I am 40 now and I would love to have just one more but I doubt we will.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I became unexpectedly pregnant with my third son at age 41 and I hope to have one more! But I'll probably be done at 45. I know I'm older than a lot of moms, but I am having the time of my life!
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzu View Post
    I became unexpectedly pregnant with my third son at age 41 and I hope to have one more! But I'll probably be done at 45. I know I'm older than a lot of moms, but I am having the time of my life!
    I bet that was a shock! That's really special though that you little boy made his way into the world in a sneak attack! He must be very special!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yuzu you have the same kind of family as I do! I hadn't noticed that in your siggy before!! It is a whole new kind of fun!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm probably done now. So, 24.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast