Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How good did you look for your baby's birth?

I just saw something on the news about women who put on full makeup and do their hair before delivery so they will look good for pictures. They also bring their own gown to wear while giving birth. These things never crossed my mind leading up to any of my deliveries. I had on tinted moisturizer and my hair in a ponytail.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You've just been sweating naked for hours with random people sticking their hands up your hoo-hah and probably pooping on the bed while pushing. Is it really the time for vanity? Seems silly to me. (I don't mean "you" in the personal sense, of course).

I always braid my hair to get it out of my face. But makeup would be a lost cause. Maybe the women that do this are the ones who get the epidural at like 2 cm and sleep through their labors. I'm told such people exist.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know bringing your own gown is popular lately(I remember seeing Tori Spelling on TV have her own gown with her DD) but I was induced with 2 kids and I did shower and wash my hair. I am not a sweater - lol - and I always had an epidural so labor was really no big deal for me...a couple pushes and they were out. I never wear that much makeup and never wear lipstick but looking back on a couple of pics, I kind of wish I had looked into a mirror first!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it depends on the situation. For DS1, it was the middle of the night that I went into labor and so there was no makeup or anything like that. I did, however, take a shower before going to the hospital (but didn't wash my hair). I didn't look terrible in those pics but I looked tired (I hadn't slept at all that night!) & didn't look my best. For DS2, I was out and about that day so I had my hair done and makeup on when my water broke and so I looked nice for his labor/birth! If I get PG again, I hope I can plan it so I look pretty for those pics! Hahaha! Hard to really plan if you're don't have a scheduled birth though!

Also, if you plan on nursing your baby right away, then you'd have to bring your own nursing gown or one that buttons down the front for easy booby access!
    baby girl 23 wks.
    Two gorgeous and healthy s!
    Many unsuccessful IVF/PGD attempts
    Surprise natural BFPs....chemical, 9 wks, 6 wks and 8 wks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found it interesting because "looking good for pictures" was the farthest thing from my mind. FWIW, I love my pics of all three of my labors/birth. I love that I look I just accomplished something remarkable. For me, having eye shadow and lipgloss would have felt silly.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went into labor with all of mine in the middle of the night. Things were a little slower with DS1, so I think I took a shower and made some effort to tie back my hair LOL. Flew out of the house to the hospital with the other two so there was definitely no primping--but looking back at the video/pics, I wish I had the time to do some!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure I didn't look too good! Two were natural and two were epidurals that didn't really take so my appearance was kinda the last thing on my mind. I got a couple nice pictures of myself after the births so I guess I looked ok.

What I always hate is the pics that are from the next few days when your face gets swollen for whatever reason (Maybe that doesn't happen to other people but it sure does to me! So all the newborn pics I look like a total stranger.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge after giving birth to all 4. That being said, the camera is not allowed anywhere near me until I have sorted myself out. Atomic, I get that too, it seems to get bigger and bigger through pregnancy then deflates in the few days after delivery.
    4 x 2000, 2003, 2007, 2009

Praying for or with IVF/PGD

Cycle 1. Farah clinic, 12 eggs, 9 mature, 3 fertilised, 2 made it to PGD both XY...No transfer
    Cycle 2. Hopefully with Dr Potter, coming soon!

Have now decided to cancel all HT plans and move on with my 4 boys. GD has ruled my life for too long!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked like a ghost. The pregnancy had made my neck and lips darker than normal. (Dont know why). I had extremely high blood pressure and I was swollen all over. Not a pretty site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked like ass after both, and I do get the puffed-up face (and body) after delivery also. When my 1st was born, I labored unsuccessfully for 33 hours and then had a section, so with all the fluid they put in me, I had massive cankles and looked like a water-balloon version of myself. I can barely stand to look at my legs in those shots! Not to mention I had a bolus of demerol during repair (as my stinking epidural wore off and I could FEEL the section pain!) so I also look like a crackhead. It was horrible, but hey, she came into the world and was fine.

I have known more than a few women who opted for c-sections JUST so they could A) look pretty in the photos and B) didn't have to "deal with labor and mess up my vagina." I had to bite my tongue, but the photo part was always mentioned as a reason.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast