Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just found out that Mitt Romney has 5 sons.

I'm an Obama-gal, but just found out that Mitt Romney and his wife had 5 sons only. They are Mormons, so would probably have had a large family anyway, but I can't help think Mrs. Romney must have had some degree of GD. The things you notice when GD is a part of your life....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL....his family has been at all the debates!!! I love watching him interact with his boys. And I have a LOT of respect for Ann.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although it is unlikely, she could be one of those moms we see who wanted all boys. There are many ladies I've seen on IG who want all girls or all boys. I used to assume that moms of one gender must have had GD but now that I've heard so many stories/backgrounds I realize you just never know.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A mom of 5 sons and a breast cancer survivor- Ann is one tough lady.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one of his sons is adopted. Not entirely sure, though.

eta: I looked it up and they are all his bio children. I don't know where I got the idea one was adopted. They are all very successful boys (I guess I really should call them men).
    Last edited by Yuzu; November 4th, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She also has MS, which is a tough condition on its own. When I found out he had 5 sons, I too wondered if Ann hadn't wanted a girl at some point, although large families are obviously common for Mormons. I'm sure she is very proud of her sons and of course loves them very much--but I just wondered if when she was pregnant with her last few if she had hoped for a girl. I do know they have a granddaughter or two, not sure how many.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I counted 11 grandsons and 4 granddaughters I think, so they're obviously good at making boys in that family! I didn't know she had other health issues, she is a strong lady!

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are 5 sons and 18 grandchildren. That's a pretty good sized family. I have the deepest respect for Ann Romney
    ETA 4/25/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am Australian so I don't know much about the Romney's but she sounds like a strong woman. Good on her for raising five successful men. She must gain a tremendous amount of pride from having raised them. And now she gets to have grand daughters for her pink fix if she needs it.

I don't want to wish their childhood away but I am really looking forward to my boys becoming men. It will be lovely to see them as husbands and fathers and forge careers. I am looking forward to the mother/daughter thing and seeing all my kids interact, but one of the best things will be to see the boys as adult brothers. Eventhough it is not 50/50, I think the gender balance in my family is perfect.