Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How'd you tell dh you were preg?

Not sure if I am, but trying to think of fun ways to tell him. We have 3 boys but I wouldn't want them to know yet so I don't want to involve them just yet.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I told DP i was going to do a HPT the next day, he went to work early so when i got my BFP i was home with just DD, i told her first and then i rang DP, all i said was "i have some good news" he thought about it for about 10 seconds and replied "no way!" i wish i could have waited till he got home so i could see his face, but i just couldnt keep it in i had to tell him right away.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just leave the test on the counter and let him find I lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe I like this.
    I am TERRIBLE at keeping secret and surprises and DH knows this. So, he knew I was going to be testing shortly but I never told him when I was going to start but he knew as soon as I did it I'd call him at work or text him or something because I can't keep things in! SO, prior to trying we bought DS a "BEST BIG BRO" shirt because that is how we wanted to tell family. Little did he know this would surprise him too. I got my BFP and put DS in the shirt, whenever dada comes home from work my DS rushes to the door - when my DH saw the shirt he was SO CONFUSED! He clued in quickly and almost keeled over because he was SO excited I was impressed I kept a surprise for once. Lol it was fun to see how excited he was definitely way better then calling him right away!

I know what you mean about not wanting to include the kids, luckily my DS is 16 months so I got to include him since he has no idea what's going on LOL
    And PS: Your chart looks absolutely fab. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by cvd; November 4th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    I told DP i was going to do a HPT the next day, he went to work early so when i got my BFP i was home with just DD, i told her first and then i rang DP, all i said was "i have some good news" he thought about it for about 10 seconds and replied "no way!" i wish i could have waited till he got home so i could see his face, but i just couldnt keep it in i had to tell him right away.
    That's too funny! This is what I would have done! I literally had to turn my phone off and put it in a top cupboard LOL
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine wasn't so fun this time around, I went to the ER for severe lower abdominal pain and found out through blood work. Told DH by text so he wouldn't have to wait any longer for news..

Have fun telling your DH when you get your bfp!
    DS1 2000 DS2 2002 DS3 2007 4/2012 baby boy 4/9/13

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With all 3 of mine I just couldn't wait long enough to plan a creative way of telling him, just always ended up blurting it out on the phone or running like a mad woman out of the bathroom to show him the test lol. If we ever have another then I would like to *try* and hold out to find a creative way of telling him. Good luck, hope you get a BFP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS1, I could not believe it, because I didn't even recall us having sex that entire month! We weren't married yet, or anything, but we were engaged and I was so excited but scared that when the test turned pos (I really, really could not believe it!) I ran out and flung the test at my DH, who didn't believe it because the two lines weren't the same color (FYI, the test line was darker than the control line...I was almost three weeks late, lol.)

With DS2, I was still in grad school and really wanted a baby, but when we finally concieved by accident, I had shelved the idea until I finished grad school. DS2 had other plans and as I looked over the test, with conflicting feelings (happy to be pregnant again, worried because I hadn't swayed yet, and was still in grad school and working full time)I came out of the back bathroom and DH was in the kitchen and he took one look at my face and said "did you just take a test?" and I told him about it.

DD, I took a test, forgot about it, stireed my pasta, fed my boys, bathed them and put them to bed, lol. I went back in the kitchen area and then used the bathroom when I saw the pos. test just sitting there. Because it had hours since I had checked it, and the test line was so faint (I was only 9 dpo) I didn't really believe it, but I went out and told DH anyway, as a possible heads up. He didn't believe it because the test line was so faint. I repeated the next day with a FRER and got a clearer positive.

I wish I had creative ways of telling DH...instead I always show him sticks or he just "knows" by looking at my face, lol.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First time I think I said something like you'll be a wonderful father, then waited for him to twig! Second to e bouncing up and down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few times I have gotten all creative....

My best one yet was DS3. I wrapped the test up in several boxes so he had to keep unwrapping and unwrapping to get to it. Later he told me that he thought I had bought him sunglasses as a present (I don't know if he was disappointed that it wasn't sunglasses LOL). With DS1 we were on our honeymoon and took the test together. With DS2 I left a note at the front door that said D is for.... and several notes on the way to the kitchen that said things like Darling and the one on the kitchen bench that said Daddy and the BFP stick.

This time was totally different. We knew the day I had the transfer and he knew I was going to test from 4 days past. He came home at lunch time and I met him at the door with the biggest smile on my face and he knew right away and said "you are pregnant!". I couldn't hide it. I didn't have time to think of something creative and wonderful. This is a HT pregnancy so it is a little bit of an anticlimax in the surprise department.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast