Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a cultural decision. I don't think the health concerns either way are a factor for anyone. Where I am from, every man is circumcised that my DH knows of and are their children. It is the "norm" here. Pediatricians here are a fan of it. It doesn't make me ignorant or less informed. It's a decision I made on behalf of my son like the othe million decisions as a mother I will continue to make. To each their own.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    agree with threemenandalady!

it's a personal decision on what you feel is best for your family. My husband really wanted our sons to it done, so they did.

I would hazard a guess that since your husband and his family is not then perhaps you would be better off not doing it, because I think it's important for a little boy to be able to idenitfy with his father with those body parts, and similiar is better imo. But of course, I hope you come to the right conclusion for your family.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NOPE my three boys are not... there father is not and either are my brothers so i am told from my mother and really the number one reason i didn't cause the thought of putting my little baby in pain! it is there for a reason i dont think your born with something that you don't need or has no use... non of my boys have had any infection or cleanliness issues at all. female circumcision is called mutilation i see male circumcision the same, just my personal opinion tho

when you are a child you are not supposed to forcefully pull back the skin at all!!!

anyways its your decision so just make the best decision for you and your family

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It is a cultural decision.
    I think it is totally cultural. Where I am from I have seen only Muslims circumcise due to religious reasons and all other religion don't even give a second thought about circumcision.

Since we live in the US we thought about it since we were paranoid about our son being made fun off in the locker rooms etc but our pediatrician told us there are plenty of parents opting out of it and that is no reason to circumcise for that reason. So he is intact.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did circ our first son and then none of the others. We just always explained it as, it's just like having brown or blue eyes. None of them have ever thought anything of it whatsoever, my oldest son doesn't care that he is circed and my younger son doesn't care that he isn't (my littler boys are too young to discuss it)

They never see my husband's junk anyway LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I for sure would before I had kids and actually was tisking my sister for not doing her kids... But then it did become my decision with my own! I felt it was up to my husband as he knows what goes on in locker rooms and I wanted my boys to fit in. At first he was all over it and then I told him that's fine, I will not be attending but please just research it first! He changed his mind instantly!
    I think these days they won't be the minority. Out of about 20 mom friends who have boys, only 1 is circumsized. I hope I've made the right decision by them and that it will be the norm one day which I believe it's becoming. My one nephew (brothers) is circumsized because his fil begged them to since he ended up having to get it done later due to an infection... But nobody knows the circumstances and it is definately not the norm if you keep yourself clean

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I circ'd all 3 of my boys, no regrets. It's a personal decision.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't bring myself to do it...plus my DH isn't circumcised. But many of my friends have had it done for their boys...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. But it never was an issue for us as in Europe circumcision isn't common at all. I feel it's my son's body and unless he's sick and in need of a surgery, nothing will be done to his healthy body.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do it for religious reasons. It's entering the covenant of Abraham and we have a big ceremony for it. But I don't see why people need to do it for non-religious reasons.
    2007 2010 green team baby due 1/29

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast