Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Circumcision - Yes or No?

I just realized that I'll have to make a decision about whether our little boy is to be circumcised or not. My husband, nephews and brothers are not circumcised although they're all born in the USA. I'm from Sweden where boys don't get circumcised unless religious reasons are involved. I recall reading that the US is one of the few countries in the world with the highest circumcision rate.

Does anyone have some insight?

If you have a boy, do you plan circumcision?
    ETA 4/25/13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh noooo!!! If nature put it there, it's meant to be there!
    Have a look here

peaceful parenting: Intact or Circumcised: A Significant Difference in the Adult Penis

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 5 boys they are all in tact, it's my belief that's it's their bodies their choice when they get older.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO NO NO!!!! There is a reason why the rest of the world and the World Health Organisation don't recommend circumcision. The USA needs to come into the 21st century and stop this practice. If you're Swedish and all the men in your husband's family aren't circumcised, the decision should be easy. You have no one pressuring you to do it. Most American babies that get circumcised (other than for religious reasons) get done so because their fathers are circumcised and the fathers are worried that their sons will look different from them. Many adult men wish they were never circumcised and are angry at their parents for doing it. Circumcision can cause medical issues like infection and scarring of the penis.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mainly left the decision up to my husband with our first son since he has the same parts. We researched and spoke to various people about it- and I didn't have strong feelings either way. DH is from England but we live in the US.......He decided on circumcision for our boys. I actually don't know anyone in real life who have left their sons intact...... The few boys who were uncircumcised when I went to school were horribly teased . But I'm sure there are more now than when I went to school. I don't feel there is a right or wrong answer- it's all in what YOU decide. Just research both sides and then make the best decision for your family
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If my baby is a boy i will not be cutting anything off him.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sons are circumcised and I don't feel bad about it at all. It's common in the US and isn't harmful in anyway. I have researched a ton on it too and don't need anyone saying I didn't.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All 4 of my sons are circumcised, and we are in Canada, and I believe that it is pretty common here as well. I did a TON of research and my Dh and I decided that it was the best decision for our boys. There are a couple of issues that can arise from circumcision, but I believe that the benefits far outweigh the risks.

However this is my opinion and to be honest I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer, I think if you do your research you will be able to make an infomred decision.

Good luck,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    My sons are circumcised and I don't feel bad about it at all. It's common in the US and isn't harmful in anyway. I have researched a ton on it too and don't need anyone saying I didn't.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son is circumcised. We had a long debate about it, we're from Canada alot of boys here are so since DH is we decided to do it!
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    NO NO NO!!!! There is a reason why the rest of the world and the World Health Organisation don't recommend circumcision. The USA needs to come into the 21st century and stop this practice. If you're Swedish and all the men in your husband's family aren't circumcised, the decision should be easy. You have no one pressuring you to do it. Most American babies that get circumcised (other than for religious reasons) get done so because their fathers are circumcised and the fathers are worried that their sons will look different from them. Many adult men wish they were never circumcised and are angry at their parents for doing it. Circumcision can cause medical issues like infection and scarring of the penis.
    You can also get infections from not being circumcised. My father isn't and as a child he got a few from not pulling the skin back properly and cleaning the area after going to the bathroom. I don't think you should judge any country of person for that matter. It's an individual choice that people can make. And I don't know any kids that are angry at their parents for doing it. Weigh the pros and cons and you should come up with a decision that works for you and your family. Good luck PrinceofTides.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast