IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's 15. Do what you want.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When i was little i always dreamed i would have a little girl named Elizabeth, my grand mothers name and i loved it. Dh hates it with a passion as he worked with a Liz who was horrible and he won't get over that - point is opinions change, things change with fashion and partners have ideas that need to be accounted for to. Just cause she likes that name does not mean a she will have a girl, b her dh will like it and c she won't change her mind when she grows up.

If you love your name, use it. Even if they are annoyed they'll get over it, this is your family and after all you have been through you deserve to name your daughter whatever you want, they should be happy for you
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Mrs P! That's really nice - and you are totally right! I don't know alot of people who name their kids the names they loved at 15 years of age!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love that name Alys, its yours, use it!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about Alyssa/Alysa? Then it would be far enough away from Alice. I would explain to the 15-year old beforehand that you love this name and you don't want to "rain on her parade" by choosing a name similar to Alice-isabel. She might feel honored that you chose to confide in her with your name-choice and involve her in your decision. She might never even have a girl, so I would say go for it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to admit I don't really like Alyssa. We considered Alicia too - but I don't really like them. I'd rather find something else then.

I don't really know what she'd feel, but I would definitely tell her if I ever got to have a daughter. Might be me who never have one! Or might be my OH who suddenly turns 180 degrees and decides not to like it anymore.. I hope not, but dear me.. I'm not looking forward to crossing that bridge!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if you don't take it...I might! lol
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha Anchor - if you want to name your daughter Alys YOU CANT! ITS MINE! >_< Might go on a Gollum trip here
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerian View Post
    I know!! It's like, no one OWNS a name - I'm well aware of that as well! Say my SiL had had a boy before me then her boy would've been Noah and we'd have found another name. No fuss! I wouldn't have kicked off about it. But in general I just think people can be so rude about names - Not just possesive, but negative comments or snide remarks. We can't all have the same name taste and thank God for individuality. If we were all Laura's and Ben's it would be one boring (and confusing) world!
    After having a rough time with getting people's opinions on ds2's name (I wanted to name him Charles, with Charlie for short, but MIL objected strongly and told us how much she HATED Charles because it reminded her of Charles Manson. So my dh decided he didn't like either. Only later did I find out that, oh, in fact, she really likes Charlie, but not Charles....ugh!) we did not tell anyone except our boys the name we picked for ds3, and we plan to do the same with this baby. I don't want other people's ideas to influence our decision.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would do what you want it's your baby you chose the name you and dh want. Your sisters are young, and making to much of a deal of something that is not a big deal at all. Nothing stopping you sister using the name also.
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast