Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

26 Acts of Kindness

So this is all over TV, FB, etc. In honor of those that were killed in Sandy Hook, people are doing 26 random acts of kindness. I'm in! Yesterday we had a bunch of coupons for free Frosties at Wendy's. I started with those. I gave a couple to a lady in the grocery that smiled at me. I gave a few to a pregnant lady with a young boy in the store as well. Then outside I gave a couple more to the lady with the Salvation Army bell. Later I bought some scratch off lottery tickets at the convenience store. I gave one to the police officer in the store. I told him I was doing this in honor of the Sandy Hook victims. He asked if I was serious and was shocked. I wished him good luck on the ticket and left the store. I gave another to a man that held the door open for me as I was leaving the store. THen I gave another to the guy ringing the Salvation Army bell at Walmart. He wanted to scratchoff the ticket while I was there, didn't win, but he was very touched that a stranger would do this. I am going to keep it up and challenge each of you to start random acts of kindness as well. It doesn't have to be monetary, just whatever you want. If we all put forth a little more kindness in the world, maybe the world won't be such a dark place for these beautiful babies we have and are trying to have.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are amazing three sons!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I noticed it really changes my perspective on things. At first I was a bit teary eyed when I did it, so they probably thought I was crazy. But then, as I was in Walmart, it was crazy and hectic and way too many last minute shoppers and way too few employees, I felt that I was thinking differently. Normally, I'd be one of those that are frustrated and complaining that the lady in the aisle just cut in front of me, or complaining that they didn't have enough workers, but instead, I told a lady that got there the same time as I to go ahead, a lady behind me that only had a quick question, you go ahead. I thanked the guy working because I could see he was doing the very best he could. I really like this. I will try to keep it up from now on. I am showing my boys this too. We are baking cookies today and will drop some off at the firehouse, will leave a lottery ticket with a note in the bathroom at the YMCA, pay for the person behind us at the drive through. I love this!

So who is with me? Anyone?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in! I haven't heard about this yet, but I love random acts of kindness. And you're right--perhaps we can all be a little kinder to each other.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great idea! Sounds fun!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Today we did leave the coupons for Frosties in the locker room at the Y, then bought a candy bar and told the cashier to give it to the next kid that came through the line at Target, then stopping at McD's for lunch (I know, bad for my sway) paid for the lady behind me in line. I was still in the line at the window getting our food and could see her in the paying window from my rear view mirror. She got all excited and yelled out the window thank you and said that she was going to cry. I told her me too and to pass it on.

Those were acts #8, 9 and 10.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in! Ive been doing this randomly with my boys throughout the year. The last thing we did was bring coffe and cookie to the people working the poles on election day and leave quarters taped to the candy machines in front of walmart. Today we baked some cookies and we are bringing them to the fire station tomorrow. I think its an amazing thing to teach our children to do. I'm so excited that so many people are starting to do it!
    Mama to 3 boys
    DS1 Bryce 2006
    DS2 Austin 2008
    DS3 Camden 2011
    TTC # 4 swaying girl

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great idea with the quarters on the vending machines! I am going to keep this up through the year, not just the 26 acts. It makes me feel so much better, kinder and patient. Plus it's such a wonderful example to set for our children. Keep the ideas coming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just sent some money to the parents of the McGhee Sextuplets so that they could buy some diapers. Gee, this feels wonderful.
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!