Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to do that. I don't think we'd ever be able to get that though since we'd need to get another bedroom. We need to add on at some point anyway, but figure the baby will be in with me for a while so we have some time. If we end up putting an addition on sooner rather than later, I'm definitely looking into it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I work full time, but I've taken a year of mat leave for each of my bubs. We got a live-in nanny after my first (after my mat leave) and got another when I went back to work after my son (we let the nanny go when I was home on my mat leave for my second). To be honest, I have a lot of flexibility at work, I can come and go as long as the work is getting done and I meet my deadlines. I sometimes wonder how I manage it myself Especially getting up and dragging your but to work on 2 hours sleep because someone has the flu!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is more to life then Money. Just saying.
    DD1 DD2 We tried out luck for a but the universe has given us 3 of a kind. Thats a win!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4Kaylani View Post
    I posted this over in the HT Pregnancy section, but I thought I would post it here too... since not everyone visits that forum.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My work schedule has just been changed, and I'm completely at a loss. I was fortunate to be earning a full time salary, working only 24 hours a week. 6 years ago I started this schedule, and I have been with the same company for 10 years. I was given the flexible schedule for going to college/taking care of my children, etc. Well, now things are changing. I will be working 40 hours a week -- no change in pay. Of course they hit me with this 9 weeks into a pregnancy! With my flexible schedule, my oldest was at school during the hours my husband and I were away... leaving only my youngest in daycare -- two days a week. Now, both will be required to go to daycare and for 5 full days. Needless to say, my bill has jumped from $500 to over $1,000 a month. And then, when the next one is born, it will double again... to $2,000.

Not only does that not fit in to the budget, I'm struggling to find time right now... with two boys and a part time schedule. I can't even imagine three boys, and being out of my home for 10 hours a day (I commute an hour each direction). But, we need the second income. We can make it work for now, but once my next is born there is no possible way I can keep the position I'm in. This makes me sad, as I love the company and my job, but its very clear that I won't have that schedule again.

How do you manage it? For moms that need to work, what do you do? I've cut back everything I can, and we're lucky to be making it work for now.

There's a giant time bomb set to go off once this little boy makes his entrance, and it scares me to death! I've looked into jobs I might be able to do from home, but thats such a gamble, and SO many people are looking for the same things. My degree is in early childhood development, and I have strongly considered opening a daycare within my home, but if I'm honest... it scares me! I love children, but that is a 12 hour a day kinda job!

Thanks for letting me vent. And I appreciate any stories/advice! Xx

I am so sorry that you find yourself in such a horrible situation. Yes your own child care business would be hard but solve all sorts of problems. Not sure if this will help or not but I have just heard about a centre here where parents of the children attending help out two mornings or afternoons a month as part if the conditions. They don't get paid so there is no tax or insurance contributions to pay for them but it means that the organiser has a bit of help and company for some of the time and the parents love it as they get to see behind closed doors. The place has a wonderful community feel (is very small too) and is always full
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    There is more to life then Money. Just saying.
    I find life a whole lot easier with it!
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While there is more to life than money, the lack thereof can make things very difficult. If you can make things work by just 'cutting back" a bit or watching your spending habits, that's great. But if you make x dollars a month and you need 2x to be able to afford a house or apartment, utilities, food, etc not counting spending money, you're in too deep. Just sayin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12