Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ovarian cyst and pregnancy

Hi ladies! Just wondering if you know if having a massive cyst (at one point it was up.to 12cm) plays a role in the gender of the baby?

I wad told the cyst had hormones in it to support the pregnancy during the first tri, but.I don't remember them.the last 2 times, or if I did have them.they were small and wasn't worried about it.so never told me. This one had me hospitalized from the pain for awhile and they were talking about surgery, but its starting to die now, so they will do surgery to remove it and my ovary it crushed after the baby is born :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! So will they do the surgery right away? Not sure about the hormones the cyst is producing...but my sister had a cyst (not large like yours) that had completely vanished by the time she was 6 months.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would deliver vaginally, and have surgery the day after, they will have to remove the ovary also. But thankfully, it is starting to die, but not really shrink anymore, it's down to 9cm, but hadn't moved in about a month. Ultrasounds every 3-4 weeks to keep an eye on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Surgery the day after you deliver??? Sounds awful! How far along are you? I have a g/f who lost one ovary due to ectopic, and she's since had twins
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering how this turned out, and if anyone else has had to have a cyst removed while pregnant? I have a large one that if it doesn't go down, might need surgery. Has anyone experienced this or had one twist or rupture?
    Mom to 2009 and 2011. My joined us in October! Thanks GenderDreaming!
    My sway here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...girl-sway.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes...mine ruptured a couple weeks ago and I was in excruiating pain. I had a CT scan (which I am sure was FAB for the baby) and spent some time in the hospital. However, the pain was better almost right away but I had to stay for other reasons. Now there is a pocket of fluid in my abdomen that sealed itself off. I would imagine if its going to rupture, you will feel like me..like you were going to DIE! OMG, it was really bad. I was given morphine and that helped alot so don't hesitate to go in if the pain gets bad. Be warned they will act like you have appendicitis until that is ruled out (which means they starve you while they figure that out lol)

Now that was reassuring wasn't it? Hope yours decides to resolve on its own. GL.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i had one that was pregnancy related and was pretty big and gave me lots of pain in my left hand side for a long time after my bfp - it was picked up by u/s at 7 weeks but had gone by my 20 week scan and the pain had pretty much gone by 10 weeks
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
    Yes...mine ruptured a couple weeks ago and I was in excruiating pain. I had a CT scan (which I am sure was FAB for the baby) and spent some time in the hospital. However, the pain was better almost right away but I had to stay for other reasons. Now there is a pocket of fluid in my abdomen that sealed itself off. I would imagine if its going to rupture, you will feel like me..like you were going to DIE! OMG, it was really bad. I was given morphine and that helped alot so don't hesitate to go in if the pain gets bad. Be warned they will act like you have appendicitis until that is ruled out (which means they starve you while they figure that out lol)

Now that was reassuring wasn't it? Hope yours decides to resolve on its own. GL.
    Yeah, I read someone said that when theirs twisted it was worse pain than labor and I've done 2 natural so that freaks me out. I started a diet to (hopefully) make it go down.
    Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes easier than this first part has been. I think you've had enough worrying events for too long!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks...it has certainly been the pregnancy from hell and it crosses my mind every so often that there is a reason 40 year olds should think twice about being pregnant My body just isn't co-operating...grrrr

As far as I am concerned, October cannot come quick enough! Because I have really had enough of this pregnancy business...lol

I hope the diet works for you..I know for me, all this pain and trouble has given me a good kick in the pants to take care of myself properly and eat well etc...I can't slide by with the odd Big Mac like I used to do in the old days (sigh)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    harley- I hear you. Not quite at 4-0 but not so far away though. I would have to say can't slide by with the pizza, fries, and ice cream though as I am a veg. I think diet may be working as I am not feeling pressure like I was. Could all just be in my head though. The waiting and not knowing is terrible though.