Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by love being a mummy View Post
    Do + O tests guarantee you are ovulating?

I read somewhere before that it only detects the surge, but even with a surge you still may not O, thats how some people get +opk 2 or 3 times a cycle cause there body gives the surge and gets ready to O but fails to do so, then it attempts again?

Is that right?
    You are correct. A day 21 progesterone test can tell you if you ovulate. If you don't know if you are BD-ing within your fertile window, it's hard to say but as long as you have been trying, it seems like you should have hit it at some point!

At 30, it should happen within 6 months. A year is a long time. Nobody should ever wait 2 years to get tested if you are actively trying. That's 2 years of your fertility.

Like a pp said, 6 months or a year.

You should contact your doctor and the fact tgat you haven't been using birth control and haven't conceived yet would warrant testing.

Yes, the day 2,3,4 tests are done with AF.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by love being a mummy View Post
    Do + O tests guarantee you are ovulating?

I read somewhere before that it only detects the surge, but even with a surge you still may not O, thats how some people get +opk 2 or 3 times a cycle cause there body gives the surge and gets ready to O but fails to do so, then it attempts again?

Is that right?
    Yes that is true. Your body can gear up to O, but then decide to hold off. There's a whole bunch of info on OPKs here (#9 specifically addresses this):

POAS ~ OPK FAQ
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12