Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Urgently need some advice :(

Hey ladies..

I really really need some advice as I know I know it's quite late but trying to get my daughter to drink milk out the sippy and rid of the bottles! Today is day 1 And she hasn't touched any milk possible a few sips from the sippy cup that is it! She's cried alittle for the bottle but Im worried as she refuses to drink milk properly out her sippy! She drinks water and sometimes i give her juice, out the
    Sippy.
    Do you think she's possible doing this because she's getting use to it?

Any tips on how to encourage her more..
    Married To my Teenage Sweet since 2009

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent through this with both my boys. DS loved his bottles, was in fact obsessed. He was very cross when one day I just have him a cup instead and drank no milk for 24 hours then soon realised the bottles were gone and now he loves the cups just as much.
    Promise, it won't take long at all and she won't let herself go thirsty. Just make sure the bottles are gone forever.
    Any tips for weaning off a dummy. DS2 LOVES his dummy, oh dear.
    2009 2011 and my

HRC Jan 2013 - 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilised, 7 to day 3 Natera - 1 healthy XY (donated), 3 healthy XX
    1 XX transferred - BFN
    FET April 2013 - 2 XX transferred - BFP!
    Twincesses arrived Dec 2013 (our early Christmas present) thank you Dr P and the team and my gender dreaming buddies

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We just transitioned from a bottle to a sippy cup last week so I feel your pain! Honestly, I think you are doing a great job. In my experience I think it's best to quit the bottle cold turkey. If they can't see it hopefully it will be out of sight out of mind in a couple of days. We played a game last week where I hid his sippy cup and we "found it" and jumped up and down and acted like the sippy cup was so exciting to find! I probably looked crazy but anything to get him to like it was worth a try. Anyway 2 days later he was drinking out of the sippy cup and we haven't looked back! :-) Good luck! You will both get thru this! :-) Hang in there!
    (2009)
    (2011)
    Due January 2014 and swayed for a
    It's A GIRL!

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Link to my girl sway:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohh gosh thank you so much ladies!! I feel so much better.. My daughter is obsessed with her bottle too and surprisingly she hasn't cried or screamed as I expected but just been very normal and accepting its just getting her to drink out the sippy.

Would you guys say its best to keep milk in the sippy and just have it around her so she can sleekly take sips whenever she wants just for her to get use to it.. I'm giving her yoghurt and cheese along side..

In the time they didn't drink the milk what would you guys do to encourage them to drink milk or did you just let them slowly accept it?

Thanks so much for your advice I really appreciate it!

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe if you were drinking out of a sippy too, she would like to copy?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    Maybe if you were drinking out of a sippy too, she would like to copy?
    Just to elaborate on that comment, i see your DD is your oldest so doesn't have older siblings? In our house when we bought sippy cups for DD the older sisters thought it was such fun and novelty to use them, so DD followed suit no problems wanting to be part of the new fun, so i just thought you might have to provide the example in your case

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow I haven't tried that and yea dd is the only child but I have sipped a little milk out the sippy to show her and I say it taste yummy! Just to encourage her but I will definitely give that ago. Ill use a sippy for myself tomorrow morning model the behavior too..

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DD is 2 since Christmas and she refuses point blank to drink milk out of anything other then her bottle. We have tried different beakers and sippy cups, fancy normal cups with her favourite pictures on them and normal glasses nothing works. At her 2 year development checkup I asked the public health nurse and she said that as long as she isn't drinking too much milk ( She isn't only 400ml/5fl oz per day) or taking it to bed with her ( again no she has 200ml 1st thing in the morning and again when she comes home from creche) then to leave her with it as it is the constant sucking all day or falling asleep with the milk pooling in the mouth that is the big problem with bottles after a certain age.

She told me to leave it with her and she will give up in her own time. She is in a big bed, helps dress herself, is potty trained and gave up the dummy/soother at a year old so I am hoping when the baby comes she will see that nappies, cots, soothers and bottles are all things for babies and that she is a big girl and will give it up.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was talking to the child care and lady they worry if a toddler isn't attached to something, bottle, dummy, whatever. My little guy chucked his bottle at 12 months and is now refusing his sippy cup he wants to be like his brothers and use a glass cup :/ I got them all clear plastic ones the same so no fighting lol but its messy . I agree with pp try the using of her sippy cup in front of her it could work. My little guy will not part with this massive thick cot sized blanket :/ The healthcare lady said just let him have it they all need comforter as sometimes mummy isn't around. Little bugger rather cuddles it than me when his sick It sucks carting it around every place we go!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    My DD is 2 since Christmas and she refuses point blank to drink milk out of anything other then her bottle. We have tried different beakers and sippy cups, fancy normal cups with her favourite pictures on them and normal glasses nothing works. At her 2 year development checkup I asked the public health nurse and she said that as long as she isn't drinking too much milk ( She isn't only 400ml/5fl oz per day) or taking it to bed with her ( again no she has 200ml 1st thing in the morning and again when she comes home from creche) then to leave her with it as it is the constant sucking all day or falling asleep with the milk pooling in the mouth that is the big problem with bottles after a certain age.

She told me to leave it with her and she will give up in her own time. She is in a big bed, helps dress herself, is potty trained and gave up the dummy/soother at a year old so I am hoping when the baby comes she will see that nappies, cots, soothers and bottles are all things for babies and that she is a big girl and will give it up.

That's excellent pearl you have her potty trained, how did you get her teained so quickly? My dd has been telling me she's took a potty for a while but because she drinks tooo much milk her nappies have stayed wet constantly and I know one sign is that they have dry nappies fr longer periods.. But I really want her trained before baby arrives I couldn't handle 2 babies in nappies.. Well I did manage to get her to drink less milk and substitute it with some yoghurt.. But she is refusing the sippy.

I feel really bad like I'm depriving her and that lil face just makes my heart melt when she knows she's not gettin her bottle but I know it's good for her in the long run!

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast