Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicken pox

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My kids have all just had chicken pox. My gp told me that if you have had chicken pox before then you pass the immunity to the baby. So I asked why do you always hear that pregnant women should keep away from people with chicken pox and she said that's just the general advice as some pregnant women might not have had chicken pox and might not be immune so it would be bad for their unborn babies to catch it. My best friend is an infection control nurse in a hospital and when I said about being worried about being around 3 kids with chicken pox all day every day she told me the baby would be absolutely fine
    If you're worried, I would definitely ask them to double check you are immune like Mrs_P said. There's no harm in being cautious.
    Last edited by Justjessica; May 13th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
    due July 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl4Me View Post
    I'm 11wks pg and DS just got the chicken pox vaccine today. Should I see a doctor about my immunity? Thanks!
    I wouldnt worry, just keep an eye on his skin and if you notice any blisters 10-14 days from today, see a doctor about your immunity. It's quite rare for a child to get sick following immunization.

My SIL lost a baby at 14 weeks when two of her kids got sick with chicken pox. She is certain she had chicken pox as a child. Who knows, it may have been just a coincidence, but it definitely got me worried when my son got rash after immunization.
    and finally my ht !!!

Feb 2012 HRC, cycle cancelled because of a cyst couldn't start stims
    Aug 2012 HRC, 24 retrieved, 18 fertilised, 13 to GSN. Only 1 normal XY
    OMG - 1 XX self corrected!
    13December - FET transferred my DD

Thank you Dr Potter for making my dream come true!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I can't remember if I've had it so dr given me antiviral tablets that I hav to take 5 times a day for a week just to be sure
    10, 7, 3, arrived to complete our family, thanks so much gender dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aftmjt View Post
    Thanks I can't remember if I've had it so dr given me antiviral tablets that I hav to take 5 times a day for a week just to be sure
    Can they offer you a blood test to confirm if you're immune or not? I had this when pg with ds1 as I worked in a school then. I am immune, which is just as well as both boys had chicken pox last month.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    Can they offer you a blood test to confirm if you're immune or not? I had this when pg with ds1 as I worked in a school then. I am immune, which is just as well as both boys had chicken pox last month.

They can but as dd3 already had spots they didn't want to waste time and it was a weekend
    10, 7, 3, arrived to complete our family, thanks so much gender dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aftmjt View Post
    They can but as dd3 already had spots they didn't want to waste time and it was a weekend
    Ooh poor you and Dd3! Chicken pox is just miserable and hard work as a Mummy Glad you've got some medicine to keep you & baby safe. Hope dd3 gets well soon. My ds2 still has the spot marks and a few pock marks too, it takes so long to clear up.

2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12