Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My kids are barefoot outside a lot during in the summer. Especially my 2 year old. I can't keep shoes on that boy.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never let my kids go outside without their shoes, only barefoot on the sand. I once watched a documentary on TV, it was talking about people who go barefoot can get hook worms, they crawl onto your foot and into your skin EWK!

DD1 8yrs DD2 6yrs Hoping for

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I let the boys go "naked toes" when it will not harm them.... talking to the neighbor out front, in grass (not at places were animals may have pooped), the beach, grandmas backyard because it is finished, and in the car.

I saw the show "the monster inside me" and freaked out decided my kids will never touch grass anywhere (except for our backyard). We are currently redueing our backyard and we are going to put in fake grass called forever lawn. We are going to put in a covered patio to enjoy in winter time... so our backyard will be barefoot central. PS we have a very small backyard for now until my hubby transfers to Mesa and we get a new house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    Ours never really wear shoes around the home or yard. Only when we leave the house.
    Ours too, and I am a barefoot kinda gal myself. If the ground or floor surface is not rough or dirty, I will pretty much take my shoes off and go barefoot with no shame. In fact, I have become a huge TOMS fan (the shoes) because they feel like you are barefoot.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Ours too, and I am a barefoot kinda gal myself. If the ground or floor surface is not rough or dirty, I will pretty much take my shoes off and go barefoot with no shame. In fact, I have become a huge TOMS fan (the shoes) because they feel like you are barefoot.
    I just looked up TOMS shoes.... hubby is going to be upset because I am going to order a few pairs maybe 4!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My kids go outside barefoot all the time. We live in a field, so I know the worst thing they might step on is a dog poo (which is gross, but it won't hurt their feet). I grew up out in the country and hardly ever worse shoes. The first thing I did when I got home from school every day was to take my shoes off, so I could go play outside!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of mine go barefoot most of the time. We live in the country so it's the "norm" for them. The older ones still pull their shoes off at the first chance they get and the youngest goes to a country school where most of the time none of the kids wear shoes except during P.E.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I just looked up TOMS shoes.... hubby is going to be upset because I am going to order a few pairs maybe 4!!!
    Purple, you are going to LOVE them, they are so comfy, and not too expensive. I just ordered my first pair of wedges for work.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well I *should* know better because when I was little I stepped on something poisonous in my grandma's yard and ended up in the hospital.....but I do let my kids go barefoot in the backyard where we have grass. I do, it's just habit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends where we are. At a park/public they were shoes, except the beach they go footless.
    At home, they wear shoes as we have recently built and they could be small shrapnels of metal/nails etc laying around.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast