Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do any of you feel bad after getting your DG?

I have wanted a daughter since I was a little girl. I have a son and wouldn't trade him for the world.

I was told last week the baby I am carrying is a girl and I was totally overjoyed I couldn't stop smiling and crying. Then, I start to feel bad, like I was putting my son in second place. When I was pregnant with him, my excitement kind of deflated when I found it was a boy. All the visions of a close mother daughter bond, wedding dress talk and being there throughout the birth of my grandchildren went out the window.

I don't know..I'm rambling I guess. On the one hand, I am still over the moon about a daughter. On the other, I still want my son to get the best of me as well.

Has anyone ever felt this? How do you balance it? Hubby says I just like to feel guilty LOL

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's fantastic news - congrats to you both! x

It is completely understandable. I've not been there yet (still ttc our first child), but if it something you want that badly, you're bound to be emotional, stupidly happy, but then your brain then turns it in on you, almost making you feel almost ungrateful because 'you can't possibly have that much love for two people...'. Stupid brains...

It's all completely normal as most mothers on here whose sways worked for them will tell you - it's a dream come true, you can't feel guilty for that and you'll still love your DS dearly. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy x
    Last edited by bunnywabbit; September 2nd, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will balance it out yourself, because regardless of gender you will love certain things each child brings you.

We have 3 girls and with our last baby, my dh treats her extra special not that he loves his other 2 girls any less, I think its because she's much younger then the other two, do you get what Im saying?
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you bunnywabbit.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littleladies View Post
    You will balance it out yourself, because regardless of gender you will love certain things each child brings you.

We have 3 girls and with our last baby, my dh treats her extra special not that he loves his other 2 girls any less, I think its because she's much younger then the other two, do you get what Im saying?
    Yes i understand. I think daddy will treat ds extra special because he was the first. Congrats on your girl!!

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i did:-) I cried at the ultrasound of dd, the tech was asking if i was ok and i told her they were tears of joy, especially because we had been told boy from a gender blood dna test. Like you I had a boy first and felt extreme guilt but knew in my heart it wasn't about not wanting a boy, i just wanted to experience a girl too and love my son/s more than anything. You will soon find that your love for your ds and dd will be equal,trust me. There will be differences for sure, but how cool you get to experience both worlds! My ds and dd have a lovely bond and I'm surprised how well they get along- ds has always been very gentle and caring of her. Congrats to you and don't let guilt get in the way of such a joyous time!

due March 2014